My 10BBL Brew Day in Pictures

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

philm00x

Re: My 10BBL Brew Day in Pictures

Post by philm00x »

That's so awesome, russki!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

oly
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by oly »

The things a Mr. Beer kit can lead to...
I haven't been following in a while; what competition was that? A BOS? I should probably know since I try to keep up on the local competitions. Just an FYI, there are a lot more crummy beers in the Longshot competition than you would think, and surprisingly few competitors this year. If I recall, it was under two hundred in our region. If you're brewing beers that do that well in competition, you would stand a very good chance of advancing in that one.
russki
Russki
Russki

Post by russki »

oly wrote:The things a Mr. Beer kit can lead to...
I haven't been following in a while; what competition was that? A BOS? I should probably know since I try to keep up on the local competitions. Just an FYI, there are a lot more crummy beers in the Longshot competition than you would think, and surprisingly few competitors this year. If I recall, it was under two hundred in our region. If you're brewing beers that do that well in competition, you would stand a very good chance of advancing in that one.
Yep, this was a BOS at Besley's Homebrew Competition last year (they didn't have one this year). This same beer took a bronze in Porters at Schooner's.
In Soviet Russia, beer brews you!
My brews
Fermenting:
Strawberry Rhubarb Wheat (5-gal)(AG)
Cranberry Mead
Buck-Flower Mead
Flanders Red (5-gal)(AG) x 2
On Tap:
Hefeweizen (5-gal)(AG)
Oaked Pear Cider
oly
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by oly »

Very nice. The Schooner is a tough competition. Same number of mediocre beers as any other, but it also attracts some VERY good brewers from all over the place. I have yet to place in that competition, even with a couple of beers scoring over 40 (If they'd let you judge categories you're entered in, I'm sure I could do better. Heh, heh). If you ever have a chance to get to the Great Lakes Brew Fest at the Racine Zoo, where they announce the winners, check out "Homebrew Island". The best beers to be had there, even with the umpteen and a half craft breweries present, are provided by the home brewing community.