Fitness, Exercise, Etc.

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Fitness, Exercise, Etc.

Post by Kealia »

Did you go all "Breaking Away" on his ass after that happened?!?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Gymrat wrote:
mashani wrote: FWIW: I've gotten peed on while riding in a long distance road race. Someone in front of me just let'r rip because they didn't want to waste time in a "pit stop". At first I thought they were drinking water, then I noticed that their water bottle was still in it's holder. One of the dangers of drafting/pace line riding they didn't tell you about.
I have seen riders do that. Fortunately I was never in the position you were in.
Kealia wrote:Did you go all "Breaking Away" on his ass after that happened?!?
I was in the middle of a pace line in a pack of riders, so I couldn't really break away without pissing everyone off and getting potentially dropped. It wasn't a "team" pace line, it was one of those cyclist "temporarily I am your friend so I can go faster" kind of things. So I yelled something like "you *$&#$* HO#$** stop pissing on me" and keep on riding. I pulled out one of my water bottles and kind of "hosed myself off" as much as I could. People behind me were doing the same, some of it went around me and got a couple of other people too. People behind them were laughing.
Pudge
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Pudge »

Went over the 500 mile mark during last nights run. I got back into it around April when the weather broke. It was a 6.5 mile Hash Run (google Hash House Harriers) with a Beer Near around mile #5. A local homebrewer brought a growler of an Old Ale he brewed about 6 months ago for some post race samples... damn fine beer.

Btw, MapMyRun is a great app if you're into running. It can also be linked to other devices like my Garmin GPS watch so workouts/runs are easily sinced.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I use MapMyWalk and like it. But it shows me walking a bit less than the other 2 apps I use so I don't really know which is correct. Guess I'll just get in the car and see how far it says my walk is.
Congrats on the 500 mark.....that's awesome!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black