So this happened

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: So this happened

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:27 pm Glad you are able to ride!

RE the velocomp, I'd worry more about just doing your things safely on the road then watching your power meter numbers right now. Just load them up at home and geek out on the data post ride I'd say.
When I was riding on the trail, I'd check my phone periodically (bike computer speed working for a while) to see cadence and speed. But on the streets, I'm focused on the streets, upcoming intersections, etc. I might check speed, cadence and power a few times, but mostly watch where I'm going. It's also a little harder to read the bike computer because it's smaller than the phone and displays more data fields.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I got the ok from my doctor to sign up for triathlons next year as long as I'm careful on the bike and as long as I ramp up my distances slowly.

I need to find some emails now. One is the invitation to age group nationl championships and the email for the local triathlons that I missed this year and they let me defer to next year. I think I'll buy the insurance for the age group national championships again, just in case).
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I think 2023 age group will be in Milwaukee again.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:33 am I think 2023 age group will be in Milwaukee again.
Yes. I signed up a few minutes ago.

I couldn't participate this year but we turned it into a family gathering instead.

I'm encouraging my brother who lives in a Milwaukee suburb to enter as a regular participant. I told him I'm planning to stay with him leading up to the race and will use points to get a really expensive room for the night before,

My goal is to finish. It would be sweet to finish before my much younger brother. But I don't think that will happen.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Are you doing the sprint or Olympic distance? Maybe I can jump into one of the Time to Tri heats if I can resolve my various nagging injuries. Otherwise maybe I can show up and cheer you on. I have a friend in Milwaukee that I wouldn't mind seeing anyway.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I'm doing the Olympic distance. As usual, the swim and bike will be fairly easy, but I'm working up to the run distance.