How many????

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: How many????

Post by Tabasco »

joechianti wrote:I fluctuate a lot. Funny how it works. For the past 20 years I barely touched beer, now I prefer it, but can't produce it fast enough, so I have to supplement with whiskey. Usually drink gin and tonic on the road all day and then beer, if I have it, at home in the evening. When I have enough, I typically enjoy 2 or 3 pints in the evening, unless I'm feeling a little more festive. If I'm low on beer, I'll just have 2 or 3 highballs, usually doubles. I drink about the same amount during the day as during the evening, about 2 or 3 double highballs.
Sounds like a plan!

With me, though drinking during the day on a work day is taboo ...
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

I'm a third shifter and I'm usually a 1-2 drink a day guy during the week and on Saturday, depending on whether I work Friday night or not, it might be upwards of 10 or as few as 5.
None on Sunday though since that is the start of my work week.
So, all told it may be 15-20 per week and I too am fighting with my weight and it's not the beers fault.
I don't control my food portions very well and I was told at my last physical that even though my cholesterol was excellent (160), my blood glucose was borderline (111) and I need to loose about 15-20 lbs. I'm not huge by any means at 190 lbs, but the day I quit smoking in 2007 I weighed 156 lbs.
Last year at this time I was 174 lbs.
I really hate hardly being able to bend over and cut my toe nails though! :p
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

:lol:
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

Tabasco wrote:
joechianti wrote:I fluctuate a lot. Funny how it works. For the past 20 years I barely touched beer, now I prefer it, but can't produce it fast enough, so I have to supplement with whiskey. Usually drink gin and tonic on the road all day and then beer, if I have it, at home in the evening. When I have enough, I typically enjoy 2 or 3 pints in the evening, unless I'm feeling a little more festive. If I'm low on beer, I'll just have 2 or 3 highballs, usually doubles. I drink about the same amount during the day as during the evening, about 2 or 3 double highballs.
Sounds like a plan!

With me, though drinking during the day on a work day is taboo ...
I can respect the fact that it's not always advisable to drink at work. All my life I've made it a policy to take jobs so far beneath my abilities that I could perform them in my sleep, or in a mild alcoholic trance. It's cost me in terms of success and personal fulfillment, but it's allowed me to indulge my greatest pleasure, drinking, throughout my life with almost no resistance at all. I wouldn't advise that path to most people, of course. Being a professional alcoholic may have its rewards, but it certainly can have its drawbacks, as well. And when I discover one, I promise to share it with everyone here first.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

teutonic terror wrote:I'm a third shifter and I'm usually a 1-2 drink a day guy during the week and on Saturday, depending on whether I work Friday night or not, it might be upwards of 10 or as few as 5.
So, all told it may be 15-20 per week and I too am fighting with my weight and it's not the beers fault.
I don't control my food portions very well and I was told at my last physical that even though my cholesterol was excellent (160), my blood glucose was borderline (111) and I need to loose about 15-20 lbs. I'm not huge by any means at 190 lbs, but the day I quit smoking in 2007 I weighed 156 lbs.
I hope you are able to follow through on your doctor's advice. I also know what it's like to not be able to clip your toenails or tie your shoes without getting winded. At my last check-up, they said my height is 65" and my waist is 48". Although that's not completely accurate, since I wear my pants on my hips, below my belly, and I have no problem squeezing into 40" slacks. Thy told me to lose 65 pounds, so I gave away my lawnmower, which was actually 70 pounds, and now the kid next door can make a little side money doing my lawn. I can't wait to see what I need to lose next year when I get my check-up.
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

joechianti wrote:
teutonic terror wrote:I'm a third shifter and I'm usually a 1-2 drink a day guy during the week and on Saturday, depending on whether I work Friday night or not, it might be upwards of 10 or as few as 5.
I hope you are able to follow through on your doctor's advice. I also know what it's like to not be able to clip your toenails or tie your shoes without getting winded. At my last check-up, they said my height is 65" and my waist is 48". Although that's not completely accurate, since I wear my pants on my hips, below my belly, and I have no problem squeezing into 40" slacks. Thy told me to lose 65 pounds, so I gave away my lawnmower, which was actually 70 pounds, and now the kid next door can make a little side money doing my lawn. I can't wait to see what I need to lose next year when I get my check-up.
The lawnmower part is funny Joe! :lol:
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

I usually enjoy 1 brew a night, after dinner, watching the Sox..... I find I'm a cheap date, only 2 or 3 when we go out. I used to drink more, but other than getting more buzzed, I wasn't any happier, just heavier and poorer... now, I get a mellow buzz on a couple of homebrews where I'd need to drink 4 or so commercial to get that way.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Been traveling the past week. Reading this thread is quite concerning...
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)