What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by mashani »

I bottled my stout a few days ago.

I brewed something like an old school Brown Porter today - no dark roasted malts, just base malt, brown malt, 60L, and Viking dark ale malt (because that stuff is good in anything like this, I like it a lot).
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I am on vacation from work next week and with not much else to do with all this going on I plan on getting some things done around the house and spend some time brewing, just not sure what I feel like making. When this happens I usually end up brewing up 2-3 smaller batches at or around the same time so that is what I am thinking of doing. I had thought about an Irish Red weeks ago but never got to it, and that has kind of fizzled off now. Thinking of trying out a NEIPA and maybe just a Pale Ale or my Amber Ale.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Kegged my DIPA which only came out to 7.3% but that's close enough. Also kegged my Black IPA. Both tasted good but you can never know for sure at kegging.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed a 3 gallon batch of Special Bitter with Fuggles and Whitbread goldings. I am likely going to go on a weekly 2.5 to 3 gallon rotation until the current life situation is resolved, vs. making bigger 5-6 gallon batches. I have more time to fiddle with it, and more variety that way.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled the 5 gallon batch of Brown Porter. Likely the last 5 gallon batch I'll make for a while, gonna switch to a 2.5-3 gallon weekly rotation to keep the pipeline going in a more "stable" way.
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

LouieMacGoo wrote:First batch of the year. It's a pale ale for our club's bourbon barrel that will get filled in about 4 weeks.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Finally got around to kegging this beer Unfortunately we had to abandon filling the barrel due to this coronavirus pandemic. So I guess I'll have to drink it all by myself.

OG = 1.063
FG = 1.012
ABV = 6.8%

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed a 3 gallon juicy Session IPA with Amarillo & Meridian hops.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Today I did an isolation brew of a simple pale ale with Motueka, Ella and HBC692 hops. It went well and it was all the better because it was a beautiful spring day. That's gonna change soon.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewed me a 3 gallon batch of Irish Red
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today, I brewed a Flunky Monkey Cookie Dough Cream Stout, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Jasper's Homebrewing. The Name and the description that goes along with it sounds interesting/different?, so I thought I'd try it. I've also been checking the gravity of my beer, just because of wanting to learn more about it, not really that I'm that worried about what the ABV might be. So the O.G. of this was 1.064 which is pretty close to what Jasper's said it should be, 1.065-1.069.

I'm on the go into work one day and then work remotely-from-home the rest of the week type of schedule. So I thought I might as well brew some beer today instead of waiting until the weekend, when I'm normally brewing.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:I brewed a 3 gallon batch of Special Bitter with Fuggles and Whitbread goldings. I am likely going to go on a weekly 2.5 to 3 gallon rotation until the current life situation is resolved, vs. making bigger 5-6 gallon batches. I have more time to fiddle with it, and more variety that way.
I bottled this, it tasted phenomenal right out of the fermenter, so it's gonna be good.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I brewed a Kölsch today and do one about 2 times a year. Switched to Wyeast 2565 from WLP029 but have used the Wyeast before. Came out good but seemed to be a long brewday. 60 min mash but a 90 min boil.
Mashed @149 came in 2 points higher then I wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I did a partial mash in the mash and boil. It's supposed to be an IPA, but may be an APA since my efficency tends to suck.

Jarrylo for bittering (largely because I think it's a weird hop and I'm not sure I trust it for flavor or aroma). Homegrown nugget for flavor (because I had it handy). Citra leaf hops for aroma (because citra). I'm doing the no/slow chill now.

I'll be kegging a batch tomorrow and will use some of the yeast from that batch for the next one. I'll also wash some of the yeast and give it to my daughter for baking bread (both bread and yeast are hard to come by these days; first bread, then because of the bread shortage, yeast became tough to get).
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Jarrylo works well as a wheat beer hop or a Belgian ale hop.

Other then that... mix it with stuff. It's too mellow for an IPA/APA hop.

FWIW, I've done > 50 batches slow chill overnight / 20+ hours in the mash & boil, and have never ever had any issues. It is really the only way I do it anymore, it's just easier for me, no fuss, splits up the brewing / racking / cleaning over 2 days so I don't have to do so much on a brew day.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:Jarrylo works well as a wheat beer hop or a Belgian ale hop.

Other then that... mix it with stuff. It's too mellow for an IPA/APA hop.

FWIW, I've done > 50 batches slow chill overnight / 20+ hours in the mash & boil, and have never ever had any issues. It is really the only way I do it anymore, it's just easier for me, no fuss, splits up the brewing / racking / cleaning over 2 days so I don't have to do so much on a brew day.
I'm so lazy that not only am I doing all of my batches with an overnight chill, I'm also doing them all with an overnight mash.