The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Inkleg »

BlackDuck wrote:Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12. - Unfortunately, I have just recently learned of these recipes. So the last in the Vertical Epic series will be my first.
Chris, Mitch has listed all his Stone Vertical Epic Recipes for all to enjoy.
I found out about them on 05-05-05 and still have a 10-10-10 and 11-11-11 in the fridge.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Inkleg wrote:
BlackDuck wrote:Stone Vertical Epic 12.12.12. - Unfortunately, I have just recently learned of these recipes. So the last in the Vertical Epic series will be my first.
Chris, Mitch has listed all his Stone Vertical Epic Recipes for all to enjoy.
I found out about them on 05-05-05 and still have a 10-10-10 and 11-11-11 in the fridge.
Thanks for the link. I'll surely take a look at them!
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

In this new exercise in patience that is called the sour mash, I've learned that there is NOTHING good on TV early in the day to keep my mind occupied.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

Crazy Climber wrote:
FedoraDave wrote:Went to the LHBS this afternoon. Usually I go on Saturdays, but it occurred to me that I'll want to make a yeast starter, probably Friday night after bowling, so since I got home from work earlier than usual, I figured it was my best chance. I needed grains and hops, too, obviously. The grain was easy. I had the Munich already, so all I needed was the 2-row Pale Ale malt, and that's plentiful. Got the right yeast, too. Since I'm doing a Cali Common, I wanted the WLP 810 - San Francisco Lager Yeast. Went to look for the Northern Brewer hops.... and I got SWENNED!

Seriously, they had no Northern Brewer. Well, according to a chart the guy had, Nugget is a good substitute for NB, but I would have preferred the genuine article. I'll still have beer, but I really want to brew this with Northern Brewer.
Bummer - that can be frustrating, when a key ingredient is not available. Makes it tough to "support the local guys" when you run into that situation, and know that if you ordered from an online mega-HBS you'd be able to get everything you want.

I'm heading to my LHBS in a couple of hours, and am concerned because quite often they're out of 1 or 2 things that I want. But they're a drop-off location for a competition that I'm entering, so I'm going local this time regardless. Fingers crossed...
Success! My LHBS had everything that I wanted in stock, so I'm stocked up and ready for my next brew (a variation on the late Pete's Wicked Winter Brew). Also got a couple of handy pieces of advice from the shop owner, gratis. I feel good about "shopping local" today...
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Went to "Larry's" here in the Kent Wa area. Got enough to make a Nong InoR. Also the fixings for Nong Apple Pie Spice Cider.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Hey Dag, saw somebody say there wasn't much info on the cider section any way to snag some of your great stuff from the MB site?

Glad to hear your able to get some recipes going.

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

If you go to the front page here, I listed some beer and cider lists

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Well, I got home from bowling tonight, and started in making a yeast starter for Sunday's brew day. Gonna make a fiver of South Ferry Steam Beer.

I need to buy a new thermometer, though. Either my current one has a dead/dying battery, or else something else happened to it, because it wouldn't even turn on tonight.* I chilled it until it felt slightly cold when I dipped a pinkie in. It's going to sit at room temperature for around 26 hours anyway, so I can't imagine I've done much damage to it if it's a wee bit warm.

*that's what she said
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Am I the only one that thinks women prattle on about 47 subjects at once and say nothing? Nah, must just me.

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Hi everyone, I haven't been keeping up with the forums or brewed anything all summer. Been busy with outdoor work. Yesterday it poured rain all day so I cleaned up my brew room and equiment and did a quick batch of MB seasonal that I got last spring.
I see a lot of familiar names here, Im going to start doing a lot of brewing to build back up the pipeline and want to get caught up on what everybody's been up to.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

Glad to see you're here. I haven't brewed all summer either and the more I work inside to set up my stuff for brewing this fall/winter the more I itch to brew. Patience is tough but always pays off.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Hey Don, you made it!

:cool:
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Glad to see ya made it!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Welcome, Don!!! Happy to see ya here!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Conditioning
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Thanks guys for the welcome, it's like starting over but with deja vu. But on to the program for tonight, me and my buddy Chester aka happy hound are heading across the road down by my woods in my 6x6 with a good supply of beer on hand. We are going to have a bonfire, not an ordinary bonfire mind you, but a huge fire. I have been burning an old house that I tore down on my property this summer one big fire at a time. So if you all don't hear from me again for awhile it's because I'm locked up. It's been a fun couple days since I got to be back with the borg. :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison