What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Kealia »

I kegged my seltzer and am just waiting for my IPL to carb up so I can tap it soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed this, but with Tettnanger hops instead of Hallertau because I got the Tettnanger in my big mixed hop pack.

http://www.thepourreport.com/vienna-lager-recipe/
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Brewed what was supposed to be a pale ale today but it's grown to an IPA (with a light amount of Rye malt and flaked rye) First time trying Talus hops. Moved the bittering to 45 minutes, hit it with a nice drop of hops at 5 then a larger drop for a 180 degree, 10 minute whirlpool. Also using Bootleg Biology's beta Chico yeast.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I brewed an Irish Red Ale 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies. I've brewed a few Red Ales before, but not this recipe. I also used Nottingham dry yeast with it. The recipe/procedure was simple enough, even though my timer died on me with about 20 minutes left. :(
So I got it working again and continued on. They said I should hit an original gravity of 1.044, bingo! that's what I measured so I'm off to a good start. We'll see how it tastes in a few weeks. :beer:
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

TonyKZ1 wrote:We'll see how it tastes in a few weeks. :beer:
That would be the same kit as Northern Brewers kit (their kits are generally identical, they are really the same company). It makes very good beer, you will like it.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote:I brewed this, but with Tettnanger hops instead of Hallertau because I got the Tettnanger in my big mixed hop pack.

This is in bottles. I am going to let it carb and then cold lager it in the bottles. Since my fermenters are all semi-open, I don't do it in them.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote:
mashani wrote:I brewed this, but with Tettnanger hops instead of Hallertau because I got the Tettnanger in my big mixed hop pack.

This is in bottles. I am going to let it carb and then cold lager it in the bottles. Since my fermenters are all semi-open, I don't do it in them.
Tettnager, hallertauer, saaz, liberty are pretty interchangeable in my book.

There are differences, but I don't think they're noticable enough to worry about.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed a chocolate stout finished with bitter orange peel. I've done this before twice and have always liked the results. They end up tasting like one of those orange oil infused dark chocolate "oranges" that you can smack on a table to bust open the "segments" of chocolate pieces. Hence, I call it "smacked chocolate orange stout".
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:I brewed a chocolate stout finished with bitter orange peel. I've done this before twice and have always liked the results. They end up tasting like one of those orange oil infused dark chocolate "oranges" that you can smack on a table to bust open the "segments" of chocolate pieces. Hence, I call it "smacked chocolate orange stout".
Sounds decadent. Do you use orange flavoring or the actual orange peel? If the orange peel, how much and when do you add it?
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:Sounds decadent. Do you use orange flavoring or the actual orange peel? If the orange peel, how much and when do you add it?
I used 1oz of dried bitter orange peel in the boil (for 6 gallon batch), just like you would use if you were making a Wit bier. I added it 15 minutes before the end of the boil. You could also use dried sweet orange peel, but I generally prefer the bitter orange peel. Sometimes I would just use 1/2oz in a Wit or pale Belgian, along with some coriander seed, but in a beer like this it gets buried pretty easily, so 1oz is better.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

That sounds delicious. I get my wife one of those orange candies every year for her Christmas stocking.

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Oh yeah, brewed a session IPA today and did an overnight mash to make it quick and easy. Actually came in . 02 higher than my projected OG.

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Had a nice easy relaxing brew day. A Citra pale ale. Made this before, easy drinking and low ABV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I brewed an Nut Brown Ale 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies / Northern Brewer. I've brewed a few Brown Ales before, but not this recipe. But I imagine it'll be as good as the others.

Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled that smacked chocolate orange stout. Sample tasted good!