The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

I've been doing a little surfing tonight and revisited the MB "no post thread" from the start of it. It was started by Tabasco Sept. 25 2010. I joined the MB forum Dec. 5th 2010 and didn't make a post on that thread until March 10, 2011.
Here's what I wrote: "This might be a little long winded bare with me. I was making MR. Beer before I found this forum, but you guys have showed me the way (the right way) So far I've done most every one of the deluxe refills - except Octoberfest and all the premiums except for the Pilothouse Pilsner
and Grand Bohemian Czech Pilsner
alot of the refills I've made more then once with different additives. In a few days I'll be brewing the Maibock seasonal first time not using MB fromuda yeast. I've been doing this a little slower then some as far as DME, different yeast, & steeping. I am getting the basics down with all your help & have been making some excellent beer along the way and finding out what I like in taste. Just wanted to say thankyou"

Now who do you think answered that post next? The guy that wears the hat....Dave
Here's what he replied: "You're making beer and doing it right. When you're ready to make the move to DME, steeping, creating a hops bill and schedule, you'll still be able to get great advice here, cheerfully given. There's no "right" time to do it, except what's right for you.

Brew on, my friend. Good to have you assimilated into the Borg. :borg:"

Right there is what makes good long lasting friendship and keeps a place like this (and the old MB forum) together.
:clink: Cheers to the Hat, Thanks Dave :clink:
http://community.mrbeer.com/community/d ... ad/page/90
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

All hail THE HAT :fedora:

The Borg does absolutely rock.

And I'm glad berryman that you found it and will be contributing.
Sibling Brewers
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Seriously needing a beer in order to tolerate the way the Buffalo Sabres are playing right now. Playing the Bruins in Buffalo, already down 1-0 in the first period. My guys just can't stick a puck in the net it seems. And they're afraid to lay hits on people. Gonna be a long season.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Tonight I'm still reading the no post threads on the MB forum, 2 nights and I'm only at page 322 about where JJ and evily started posting a lot.. Good memories and members I haven't seen posting for a while and wonder what they are doing now. Like a trip down memory lane, check it out and see some of the friends you haven't heard from in awhile.
http://community.mrbeer.com/community/d ... ost-thread
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

Yankeedag wrote:Just having a "missing my fuzzy girls" moment. They've all very good homes. But that doesn't mean I don't miss the fuzzy hug moments.
That sucks dag. You're going to have to get a loaner
Lenwoode & Merle
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

My PS3 just died!

I think I'm gonna cry :(
Lenwoode & Merle
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

berryman wrote:Tonight I'm still reading the no post threads on the MB forum, 2 nights and I'm only at page 322 about where JJ and evily started posting a lot.. Good memories and members I haven't seen posting for a while and wonder what they are doing now. Like a trip down memory lane, check it out and see some of the friends you haven't heard from in awhile.
http://community.mrbeer.com/community/d ... ost-thread
I here ya, I miss BigFloyd and Alb. Evily Has registered here and popped in a few times but I guess the new beau beat out the Borg from a time standpoint, at least she knows where to find us.
I also miss a couple of the guys who had just signed on as newbies before the site went to #@$%^ over there, they were pretty spirited and funny, they would fit right in over here as Borg Units.

All the other beer forums are to hostile to my liking so hopefully we will gather a few more like minded folks as time goes by (read: after Jan. 23rd :lol: ).
Sibling Brewers
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Hi, folks! I've been real busy, but managed to get some good brews done ....

I posted a creamy oatmeal stout in the BIAB recipe section ... came out good. Has a small amount of lactose to "smooth out the edges", heh heh. But I'm not recommending that ... it's nice, though ... but I like full blown bitter stouts, so it won't become routine.

Anyway, I'm going to a halloween party tonight .......... I'm going as a priest, and my wife is going as a nun. Heh heh. I will joke around a bit, but I will not do anything to disrespect clergy, as that's not where I'm coming from. Just good fun ... "I'm father Tabasco!" Heh heh.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Tabasco wrote:Shit cyclists say ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCkuqL9IcM
Some where around the 1:30 mark I was waiting (and kind of hoping) for that dude to get schmucked by a semi truck.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Chuck N wrote:
Tabasco wrote:Shit cyclists say ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCkuqL9IcM
Some where around the 1:30 mark I was waiting (and kind of hoping) for that dude to get schmucked by a semi truck.
That's pretty funny, but when they start talking like that, we just up the pace and drop them. :evil:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

A little behind the times, but trying out the Speech Jammer app with the kids for the first time. Pretty funny. If you don't know what it is, don't read what it is, just go install on your Android (and I assume Apple) device, put in some headphones, start it up, and start talking...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I get it, it's fall, leaves are gone here, last of Oct. BUT, it just isn't right. I'm sitting here, surfing, watching the tube, drinking some home-brew, all of it.... yes, all of it whilst sitting in front of the fireplace with a blazing fire going. Me thunks it's going to be a coooooooold winter! Even while pheasant hunting last week, it was the first time I have had to wear thermals under my cloths to stay somewhat warm. Lookout winter, here we come!!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I was thinking the same thing. Some days it's been unseasonably warm, but other days it's been downright bone-chilling. And even when the sun shone, there was no warmth in it. I don't know how bad it's going to get in my neck of the woods, but I'm not looking forward to it.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

FedoraDave wrote: I don't know how bad it's going to get in my neck of the woods, but I'm not looking forward to it.
I'm thunkin (ouch) you and I are both getting too old for this cold stuff. Maybe we should meet in New Mexico for the winter to do some catcus brewing? Anybody else feel the need to stay warm for the winter?

fyi... just finished putting more wood on the fire... it's wayyyyyy to early for this cwap. :!:
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!