What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by MadBrewer »

Drank my first Beer-lord beer lastnight. We shared a beer swap, I am going to sample another tonight. He has 3 of mine on the way. Lastnight it was a very easy drinking Amber-ish English Style Pale Ale. It was nice after a busy night at work. I enjoyed it sitting out on the deck on a warm quiet night.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

MadBrewer wrote:Drank my first Beer-lord beer lastnight. We shared a beer swap, I am going to sample another tonight. He has 3 of mine on the way. Lastnight it was a very easy drinking Amber-ish English Style Pale Ale. It was nice after a busy night at work. I enjoyed it sitting out on the deck on a warm quiet night.
My opinion, you had the worst of the 3 last night but everyone has different tastes. I'm very glad Kealia started the thread because it's interesting to read posts from someone for a long while then actually get to try their beers. MadBrewer, thanks for reaching out to me for this swap. Looking forward to sharing honest critiques with you. Hopefully others will get to try beers from someone they have not enjoyed yet.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

Beer-lord wrote:
MadBrewer wrote:Drank my first Beer-lord beer lastnight. We shared a beer swap, I am going to sample another tonight. He has 3 of mine on the way. Lastnight it was a very easy drinking Amber-ish English Style Pale Ale. It was nice after a busy night at work. I enjoyed it sitting out on the deck on a warm quiet night.
My opinion, you had the worst of the 3 last night but everyone has different tastes. I'm very glad Kealia started the thread because it's interesting to read posts from someone for a long while then actually get to try their beers. MadBrewer, thanks for reaching out to me for this swap. Looking forward to sharing honest critiques with you. Hopefully others will get to try beers from someone they have not enjoyed yet.
Some of its age presented itself but enjoyed it regardless. I just drank the Strata Ale and yes I would agree with you this is even better. I'll message you my thoughts. I look forward to you getting to try my beers. :clink:
Brew Strong My Friends...
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I chilled and popped open one of my Oaty Patersbiers to see what was up with them due to a couple of bottles exploding. Nothing wrong with the beer, it's quite delicious, like dry savory biscuits with the slightest drizzle of honey in the finish. It's just Belgian carbed which I intended, and my PETS should in theory be able to handle. But they are getting old, I've been finding ones with the O2 barrier separating from the PET material on the inside and tossing them. I am thinking they all need replacement. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet and figure out the keg thing. I threw the entire batch into my fridge just to make sure and will be drinking that for a while.

I've also been drinking my Dandelion candi syrup infused Lavender Wit which is quite delicious as well, assuming you like culinary lavender. But if you are not a fan of that stuff, then you wouldn't like the beer, as it does have presence that goes beyond "subtle". It's not too much but it's noticeable as what it actually is. I think this is the first time I slow chilled with that stuff in the mix, and it seems you don't need to use as much when you do that when looking for a more subtle effect.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Citra APA, close to being a IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

On to now a fat tire clone that I add a touch more biscuit to and like it better then the real Fat Tire, but like that to.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Against my better judgement and not always good, a little strawberry wine.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

2 beer night:
Denali/Simcoe Session Pale Ale
Left-Handed Milk Stout

No pics...both went down quickly [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

How you like me now? Ha ha. A neibour stopped to talk and brought this so I drank it.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Citra PA to wash the Coors Lite down

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Nothing wrong with drinking what the neighbor brings. It’s the right thing to do. Well done.

ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote:Nothing wrong with drinking what the neighbor brings. It’s the right thing to do. Well done.
BD He stopped to tell me he is selling his place and moving, been my neighbor for 40 years and we did a lot of farming together, least I could do is drink a beer he brought me....Damn things are changing fast around here lately, hope whoever buys the place likes to drink beer.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Of all things, I was drinking Sam 76 (Sam Adams), because it was handed to me.

As far as I can tell it is like a cream ale very little bittering hops, but with more flavoring hops (closer to APA like levels from the olden days) and not the traditional kind, but modern tropical hops. But it is not bitter at all, it's very soft and mild like a cream ale. The hops are all very tropical which make it still soft/mild seeming, although still flavorful. And I actually liked it. It would be a good post bike ride beverage.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

We will see if I can go all day with these.

Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

berryman wrote:We will see if I can go all day with these.
I really like that beer - you?