Nano Brewery Startup

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Nano Brewery Startup

Post by Funky Skunk Brewing »

John Sand wrote:Sounds good Skunk. I believe in your brewery because you have clearly carefully thought it through.
Thank you very much, John. I truly appreciate that. I have tried to look at it from all angles and have all the bases covered. Like I said in a prior post. It's not so much I am selling the beer to people in the beginning here, rather the dream, drive, determination and planning of the brewery for someone to believe in the vision. A lot of planning and thought went into every piece of our plans. Not just the brewing and beer part of it.
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Ok update time here from our end. HUGE news today as we received a very nice pledge via our Kickstarter program. Total pledges are now up to $5,636 (28% funded) with 15 days left in the 30 day campaign :banana: :banana: It would have been great to be 50% there at this point, but I am thankful for each and every person that has pledged to help in the success of the brewery. It means more than a post on the internet can actually show. I am truly grateful.

Nothing new on the brewing front other than the Liberty APA and AmeriWheat brews heading off to two different competitions here recently. Brewing the Acerene IPA on Saturday and thinking about videoing some of the process on the pilot system to post on the website and social media outlets. Well, just wanted to share the great news from the Kickstarter campaign. Steadily gaining on our goal!!!
Last edited by Funky Skunk Brewing on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
myhorselikesbeer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by myhorselikesbeer »

Way to go...keep the faith and best wishes.
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Great news Eddie! That must have just come in. I checked on the campaign a couple hours ago and it was still at $636. Fantastic to get a $5K pledge!! That should get the mods attention on Kickstarter. Maybe they will move it into the staff picks section. Best of luck the rest of the way!!
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

gwcr wrote:Great news Eddie! That must have just come in. I checked on the campaign a couple hours ago and it was still at $636. Fantastic to get a $5K pledge!! That should get the mods attention on Kickstarter. Maybe they will move it into the staff picks section. Best of luck the rest of the way!!
Yeah, we had the $5K come in around 5:30 or so this evening. Hoping they take notice and post it up higher as you stated. I'd like to see it on the staff picks, that's for sure. More exposure is more exposure.
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

:party:
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Well unfortunately we did not reach our overall goal through our Kickstarter campaign, therefore we do not receive any of the funds pledged by the backers. Disappointing yes, but we'll regroup and keep pressing forward in other ways. I do want to thank everyone here on the Borg that pledged to our campaign and just want to extend a very heartfelt thank you. Your support means a lot that you would want to be a part of our dream right from the beginnings. This is no where near the end and it's just a speed bump on our way on this journey.

Back to the drawing board for the brewery, funding and planning. Thank you again for all the support!!!
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Thank you for your consideration. Please keep us updated as to your project.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Sorry you did not hit your goal. I got the notice from them couple days back or so. Don't let this deter you long, regroup and come at it again.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Yes don't let this little obstacle discourage you, if plan A doesn't work, always go to plan B or further down the alphabet as needed. Read my Sig, I live by that :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Thanks for the encouragement as always guys. This is no where our last shot or plan with this dream. Just a brief hiccup in what we have planned out. I'll keep the updates coming as progress is made.

:urock: :borg:
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I doubt these kinds of things ever go smoothly or according to the timetable.

It'll happen. And much success to you!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

personally, it worries the crap out of me when things go right.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

FedoraDave wrote:I doubt these kinds of things ever go smoothly or according to the timetable.

It'll happen. And much success to you!
I agree there for sure, Dave. From all the other breweries & brewers I have spoken to over the past six months, things rarely go smoothly in these endeavors. Not to worry, nose back to grind stone and regrouping to move forward. In the mean time, back to brewing and getting our name out there as much as we can.

A local beer reviewing website (Pensacola Beer) has reviewed a few of our beers in the past and contacted us over the weekend for another "sample" for a new review. They have really been generous with website coverage, especially with the Kickstarter campaign which they even pledged $100 to as well. Meeting up with them sometime this week to get them a few bottles of our Liberty APA to do a review on.

Slowly but surely we continue to move forward. As always, I thank everyone here at the Borg who have been 100% supportive of this dream since day one. A HUGE thank you as always to this great group of not only brewers, but great people.

:urock:
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

jimjohson wrote:personally, it worries the crap out of me when things go right.
Ditto!!!

Friends have said maybe this is a good thing to have some advisory in the beginnings to make sure this is indeed what we want to do. I can see that. Failures turn into victories eventually. It's that last time you get up from a knock down and don't get knocked down again that is the sweetest. Pulling from personal experience ... I was cut from many, many teams when I was pursuing my playing career. None were easier to hear from the next. It just made it that much better when a team wanted to sign me.

Pulling from those days and experiences to keep the good vibes going towards the brewery.
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count