Beer & Brewing Presents

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Beer & Brewing Presents

Post by Brewbirds »

Love the pic Dave. Now about the corn hole game, you have a board with a hole in it so then you er um try to throw ears of corn through it? :blink:

I can see how it might present itself as entertaining after about six or eight 6.5 ABV home brews. :woot: :woot:
Sibling Brewers
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Brewbirds wrote:Love the pic Dave. Now about the corn hole game, you have a board with a hole in it so then you er um try to throw ears of corn through it? :blink:

I can see how it might present itself as entertaining after about six or eight 6.5 ABV home brews. :woot: :woot:
No, you silly nit! You have two boards with holes in them, and you try to toss beanbags through the hole. A beanbag in the hole gets 3 points, and one that remains on the board gets 1 point. It's like horseshoes with fewer contusions.

And it would probably be hilarious after six or eight 6.5% homebrews! Can't wait for barbecue season!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

pocketjr wrote:My awesome wife got me a 10 gallon brew pot and 3 brewers best kits, plus a bottle tree and fast rack tray thing. She's so awesome!
Now that's cool! Great score!
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking:
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

FedoraDave wrote:
Brewbirds wrote:Love the pic Dave. Now about the corn hole game, you have a board with a hole in it so then you er um try to throw ears of corn through it? :blink:

No, you silly nit! You have two boards with holes in them, and you try to toss beanbags through the hole. A beanbag in the hole gets 3 points, and one that remains on the board gets 1 point. It's like horseshoes with fewer contusions.

And it would probably be hilarious after six or eight 6.5% homebrews! Can't wait for barbecue season!
Okay I should probably let this die but where exactly does the corn part come in?

We have a game that someone gave us made out of three tiers of of pvc pipe where you throw a rope with golf balls on each end and score based on on whether it wraps around the first, second or third wrung (I think it's called bolo ball).
Sibling Brewers
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

The bags that are thrown are traditionally filled with feed corn.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I honestly don't know exactly why it's called corn hole. I'd never heard of it before Christmas, but my brother and my nephew, both of whom spent some time living in the Midwest, were familiar with it. So I thought it originated or was popularized out there.

Ah, I just read BlackDuck's response. Makes sense. And sort of validates my Midwest theory, as well.
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking:
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

Dave, that pic exudes cool. At least to a beer geek like me. Very nice!

Lots of good gifts in this thread. Hard to pick a favorite. I like the custom, personalized t-shirts a lot. But I think the Speidel fermenter has me the most jealous. Combining that with the MegaPot and carboy, I'd say RickBray must've been at the top of the 'Nice' list this year!

As for me, I got a DarkStar burner from SWMBO (she wants me out of her kitchen!), and various siblings/parents/in-laws chipped in for $150 worth of gift card action from Northern Brewer. I've got the website up now in another tab -- about to place an ingredient order for my next two brews. :cool:
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.