The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: The No Post Post

Post by FrozenInTime »

Getting sick of this cold crap. Normally I don't let it bother me too much, but lately... wow. The reason It's bothering me? I had to shut down the work shop since LP (source of heat in the shop) shot up to $6 per gallon. I think it's down to $4 per gallon now, but holly bat crap, it's just ridiculous, period!! I can't afford to heat a huge garage at that price. When it was $1.80 a gallon it stung.. but WOW. So now, I sit here, not able to do a dayum thing. The house is even turned down to 65 degrees.... got's to wear sweaters in the house. The fireplace helps bring the heat up but we only have so much wood seasoned to burn. Gots to rethink living here if this crap continues.

Rant/whinning over.. I'm just bummed right now. Time to flirt with doing a Joplin.... I need a beer.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

you should have checked your inside thermostat after that rant FIT, you'd have noticed you raised the Temp a few degrees.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

gwcr wrote:Great news Pocket! A friend of mine had the same thing right after college. All went well after the removal, and 20+ years later nothing else ever showed up (except for 2 kids, so be careful...). Make sure to keep those 6 month appts with the Doc, and request the nurses do a thorough "pre-exam" for you! :whistle:

You know, the more people that find out what happened, the more they know another guy that's been through the same thing. It's weird! I only knew of Lance Armstrong and Tom Green, and I don't actually know those guys.
As for the 6 month appointments…. A couple of the nurses were pretty cute, however, when over half a dozen women look at your junk in a clinical way…. it's not very arousing. :redface:
Lenwoode & Merle
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Kind of like women looking at Avocados at the store eh?

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Funny vacetomy story, I know from me, what are the odds. ;)

The nurse that came in to rub the numbing salve on my twins was not very attractive and at least 60+ years old.
Let's just say she was dedicated to her job, very through and left no stone unturned. Kinda hung around down there a little to long if you ask me. :huh:

Well when the doctor came in to do his part, I asked him "Say doc, does that lady PAY YOU to do that?"
An eyebrow went up and he just burst out laughing.

Then he got busy with the boys and I sat on an ice pack for a few days.
Aren't y'all glad I'm not reproducing anymore.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

You got a numbing salve?
Me, I get this big horkin' needle Jabbed in the hangin' homies, and then not long after, two masked men came at me with knives.
I was in the Army at the time... and these guys were wearing Air Force uniforms...
Wait. What? Oh Damn!

BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I just can't win. I haven't brewed in almost two months. And I've got two recipes to do for a competition that will be judged the last weekend of May. This Sunday was scheduled as brew day....but what's coming in on Sunday??? 1/4 inch of ice and 6-10 inches of snow. They have already posted Winter Storm Watches. Guess I'm going to have to push the brew session back a week...again!!! Damn, when is this winter going to end????
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Man that sucks and when I say I brewed last week and am brewing with the twin on Sunday and he's brewing with me on Monday I guess that makes me a big a-hole.
Seriously, can you remember a winter like this? Maybe the 80's but even down here it's been different.
If it makes you feel better I brewed in the rain last week and it's a good chance it'll rain on Monday too.

Grab a flight down here and enjoy some upper 50's and Mardi Gras (though I'm staying home) and I can show you how we do things don heeya!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BlackDuck wrote: Damn, when is this winter going to end????
I feel your pain BlackDuck, I just joined the Chuck N club of frozen liquid yeast today. Just got some Wyeast 3942 and it was frozen solid. I guess I could keep it around and use it for a icepack on my aching bones. I'm definitely not using it in my beer, but might try an experiment in some DME and see what it does. Another one of those I should have known better things.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

BlackDuck wrote:Damn, when is this winter going to end????
Have you not heard??? We are entering a thousand year ice age. Better start building igloos.... Mines done.
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

That storm is heading east for Sunday night into Monday. Saying at least 6", with some chance it will only hit part of the state, unless it misses the state, or picks up moisture from the ocean, or the polar vortex hiccups, Damn, they don't know. What I know is it is sunny, looks warm, but thermometer says 5* at 8:30.

If I didn't have this bad ass cold, I'd be brewing in the garage. Still might, but wouldn't be wise... I could call it the Sick Ass Rye...
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Wait. What? All Bore said we were going to be burned out and flooding in just about 2 more years...
That guy invented the Internet remember?

pocketjr
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by pocketjr »

Yankeedag wrote:Kind of like women looking at Avocados at the store eh?
Pretty much just like that!
Lenwoode & Merle
truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Post by truckndad »

I'm lucky that I still brew inside. It's supposed to hit a high of 12 today, and the wind has taken a couple trees in the neighborhood and turned them into road blocks. As long as power stays on for the next few hours, I'll be OK. Peanut Butter Cup Stout on today's agenda.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

We r lucky, storm not going to hit us. BUT, we are going to have a high of -12 today, at the moment it is -18 at the house. Wind chills are -41. I would rather have the above zero temps and the snow. Good luck with the storm y'all, hope it don't hit ya too hard.

I wanted to brew first of the week, but with these temps, my garage is -8 right now. Don't think I'm going to try to do any brewing in those temps. Can't, or won't heat up the garage with LP being $4/gallon right now, just not worth it.