The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

BigPapaG wrote:
Dawg LB Steve wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:it doesn't matter to anyone for any reason, but I've dropped from 209pounds to 188.
Congrats, to you.
:clink:
I have also dropped since middle of January 266 to 230 yesterday! Working to get another 30 off though.
You too Dawg?

How'd you do it?

I really gotta drop 30 this summer...

:cool:
2 years ago July I had an obstructed colon, emergency surgeries, etc. had a bag, then had reversed Jan 2013 and at follow ups weighed 225 but eating habits thru my recovery got out of hand. From this I found a new Primary Physician, who took care of me throughout, in January of this year told me I was coming back in July for a followup and I better have lost some weight, which I was planning on any way, or she was going to reprimand me. I found an app to track daily calorie intake, and tried to keep around 1200-1400 a day and follow that 8 glasses of water a day idea of which I fill a one qt. mason jar w/water after dinner that helps keep me feeling full, no pastas, breads, potatoes, stay away from carbohydrates as much as possible, eat more chicken, beef, pork and protein rich foods, eat more salads for lunch with lite dressing but add 3 oz diced chicken or tyson steak strips, it makes it a little more substantial than just a salad and accounts for only about 230 cal., I don't even bother counting the beer I drink cause for the most part its only on the weekends but don't go overboard. Truthfully finding filling and low calorie foods and still having meat but cooked in a healthier way, it really hasn't been hard for me, I'm still feeling full at the end of the day . Now with summer here I will be much more active which will help drop more.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

KUDOS to you Dawg. I need to drop 20 lbs and the doctor wants me to try and keep my glycemic index in check so he told me to ban Watermelon, Potatoes and Beer from my diet so I said well two outta three ain't bad.

again, great job and good fortunes with your health.
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Ya, she told me fruits but no watermellon? you would think it mostly water, she said its loaded with sugar! No beer was not an option for me though!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

T8rSalad wrote:KUDOS to you Dawg. I need to drop 20 lbs and the doctor wants me to try and keep my glycemic index in check so he told me to ban Watermelon, Potatoes and Beer from my diet so I said well two outta three ain't bad.

again, great job and good fortunes with your health.
Never heard that about watermelon before. Glad I did now though because the LOML and I have been planning on going on a fruit/vegetable salad diet for the summer months. I almost bought a couple watermelons just the other day as they were on sale but then seen that they were from Mexico. I won't buy Mexican produce. We'll have to make some changes to our plans.

Also, I had a doctor once who told me I needed to cut beer out of my diet. I'm pretty sure my new doctor won't make that mistake. ;)
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

A silly but fun party (or any occasion) "game"...

I'm sure you've all had the occasion where some one said something that could, in the more immature mind, be taken as dirty and then you or some one else responded with, "That's what she said." My son (adult chronologically but, like his dad, has a lot of growing up to do) turned me on to a new one. Now, whenever anyone says anything that is even remotely dirty you say, "Dot com." As in; "Man! After sitting in a boat all day my butt is really sore." Then the person you're talking to would say, "Dot com."

It sounds silly only because it is. But it can be a lot of fun too.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Never knew that about watermelon...oh well.
What I did was cut the amount of boredom food I was eating, and limit my portions.
With my job, I have to take what I eat, so, I limit that.
I've taken to eating cheese sticks for snacks, for my "lunch", I have a mix of honey due mellon, cantaloupe, and mix in another fruit. Sometimes, I'll toss in a little meat, eat the fruit first to fill up and top off with the meat...makes me think I just had a monster meat meal.
I drink lots of water, and only two of them per day contain hops and grains...
That, and my job requires me to push around 500 pound carts on wheels. yeah, ouch.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

shaved the chin part of my goat today..er...yesterday. Wife says I got to shave it ALL off and start over. Not going to go into the nuts and bolts of it, but she gives me dirty looks.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Yankeedag wrote:shaved the chin part of my goat today..er...yesterday. Wife says I got to shave it ALL off and start over. Not going to go into the nuts and bolts of it, but she gives me dirty looks.
Keep the flavor saver for the new start!
She named off a few more fruits and some veg's, like corn and peas, mostly starchy and high sugar, even though they are natural sugars, stuff. Never said anything about the "good fat" content, for cheeses and beef, etc. in anything but common sense tells me if it is a fatty piece of anything after it is cooked I trim it away. I have taken to weighing portions too, kind of like training my eyes to see the amount of a sensible portion.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

yep... it's all gone.
So, now I get to start growing it all over again.

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Just finished brewing, just finished showering (surprise right?), just became a grandpa, just heading out the door for a cook out.

Daughter and baby are great and in California. I'll post more when I slow down.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Congrats Grandpa!

:banana:
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Welcome to the GrumpyPaw club inky o'l boy

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Congrats Inkleg! :clink:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

Yes, Conrats, Inkleg!!

In the immortal words of Willard Scott, " If I had known it would be this much fun, I would have had my grandchildren first".
T8rSalad
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by T8rSalad »

If this doesn't bring tears of happiness and a sense of LIFE ...check your pulse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qt42JMxBMw
L8r T8r

Fermenting: Quiet Kreek Kolsch Deaux, First Pitch Pilsner Ale Trois

Conditioning: Nut Brown Vienna Lager Ale, PilotHouse Pilsner, Johnny Silk's ESB 4th gen, Blue Moon Clone Trois, Fallen Friar Deaux, Arizona Country Canadian Draft Deaux

Drinking & Sharing: Rose's Rambling Red, Blue Moon Deaux, Ruck & Maul Red, American Devil Indian Pale Ale, Quiet Creek Kolsch, Northwest Pale Ale, Golden Czech Pils, Beach Babe Blonde, Grand Bohemian Czech Pils Trois, Diablo IPA+, Columbus Cascading Amber Ale, High Country Gold Lager Ale,