What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Yankeedag »

still drinking hop/malt/yeast free beer. I'm still phat.
Todays walk only burned up about 600 or so calories. I figure at this rate, maybe I can drink a few this weekend. This leaning forward a bit to see my feet is getting real old, real quick.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

Yankeedag wrote:still drinking hop/malt/yeast free beer. I'm still phat.
Todays walk only burned up about 600 or so calories. I figure at this rate, maybe I can drink a few this weekend. This leaning forward a bit to see my feet is getting real old, real quick.

Do what I did... Get a mirror :rolleyes:
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

jimjohson wrote:
Yankeedag wrote:still drinking hop/malt/yeast free beer. I'm still phat.

Do what I did... Get a mirror :rolleyes:

:huh: a mirror?
:blink: you talking full length?
:o
:wow:
:blink: nah... I might see more than I can bargain for

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Last night had a Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale. Really good, very hoppy, would probably be an IPA if it had the abv. Plan to clone it today.
By the way, while I plan to join a gym again this winter, I can still see my feet! (Though I suspect you exaggerate) Of course, size 14s are hard to miss!
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Saw the tips of my Toes this morning ... Just about threw my back out looking for them, but I saw them.

mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

6" of the lightest puffiest snow I've seen in years, could use a leaf blower to clear driveway, but a snowblower is much more fun.... Beer, then clear snow, the wife's chix soup, then beer...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

The last of my MB White IPA spring seasonal, was not that good in my opinion. I was disappointed with that one and kind of glad it's gone, I don't usually feel that way about my home brews, most of the time I feel real bad when I drink the last one. :woot:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I know how you feel berryman, I still have two bottles left of the MB White IPA. I really don't want to dump them, but I didn't care for it either. Maybe I'll drink one tonight followed by something else.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BeerRust
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by BeerRust »

Bomber of ....Souther Teir Chocolat Stout
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Dirty Derby Drank. Goooooooooood stuff.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

Trying a Workingman from Blue Pants Brewery Madison Ala. Sent by dbrowning. It is a Alabama Common based on a California Common. Not bad, a lot more hop forward than an Anchor.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Ugh, trying to find something good tonight.

I went with a Boston Lager because we were having salmon, rice and veggies for dinner and it sounded like a good pairing. Not good. Just like the Old Fezziwig there is something off with this beer. I tried the Winter Ale the other day and it was "ok" - just a non-descript beer. I think the last time I bought a sampler I didn't like the BL either so I think I'm getting old beer, or I just don't like it out of the bottle.

Poured it down the drain and grabbed a beer that my in-laws brought back from LA on their trip (Dixie Beer). Poured that out, too.
Now I'm drinking a Pale Ale from Louisiana that's a solid pale ale so I finally found something I can drink tonight. Aaahhhhhhh.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

BlackDuck wrote:I know how you feel berryman, I still have two bottles left of the MB White IPA. I really don't want to dump them, but I didn't care for it either. Maybe I'll drink one tonight followed by something else.
Honestly that kit is a 5 gallon saison base that will make a good quaffing saison for hot summer days - it's not a white IPA. Anyone who still has a can of it and hates it but likes saisons, simply add some DME and up to 1# of sugar to get it up to a 1.05ish gravity for a 5 gallon batch, throw in some noble hops or goldings for flavor/aroma, and then use Bella Saison yeast. It does not need any more bittering for a 5 gallon saison, the HME is bitter enough for that when using a yeast that will take it to 1.003 or even less if you use sugar (could even get below 1.000). I guarantee that will be good beer - as long as you like saisons. Use the spices if you wish or not, either way will be good.

I've got a couple of cans of it that I got for $12.50, and that's what I'm doing with them next spring/early summer when I have no time to do a steep/PM/BIAB. Good cheap easy mode lawnmower beer.

Anyways, I'm drinking more of my IPA.
Last edited by mashani on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:Ugh, trying to find something good tonight.

I went with a Boston Lager because we were having salmon, rice and veggies for dinner and it sounded like a good pairing. Not good. Just like the Old Fezziwig there is something off with this beer.
Wonder what's up with that? Some years back I ran into a bunch of Goose Island beer that was sour/funky that was not supposed to be. It was when they started to mess around with their saisons and funky beers in big bottles. I think they got some cross contamination.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I don;t know but I know I've had BL on tap a few months ago and still liked it so there's definitely something amiss at the Circle K ;)