What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Kealia »

berryman wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:27 pm
Kealia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:41 pm I recently brewed a Moose Drool (brown ale) clone, and yesterday I knocked out a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone.
Both were kits from MoreBeer that I got as Xmas gifts.
I like doing Morebeer kits, they almost always come out good. I did the SN clone last year and I liked it. Have looked at the Moose Drool and keep thinking I should try it.
I didn't adjust the volume for this since they built it for 5G and I brewed 6, so I ended up with a lighter 4% session brown ale - but it's still good!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:43 pm I didn't adjust the volume for this since they built it for 5G and I brewed 6, so I ended up with a lighter 4% session brown ale - but it's still good!

I do a lot of the MoreBeer kits, I put 5.5 in the fermenter, I run the numbers and usually very close. I get it un-crushed because I don't think morebeer mills as fine as I do and what I found to work on my system. Other than that, I like their kits and sometimes hard to put a recipe together any cheaper.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Man if you don't think MoreBeers crush is good enough, don't go anywhere near AIH/Austin kits. MoreBeers crush is the best I've seen out of any of the kit beer places.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:13 am Man if you don't think MoreBeers crush is good enough,
No, not that I don't think they do a good job, but I have my mill fine tuned for the way I brew. I seen the same thing if my LHBS did it for me also.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed an attempted Anchor Humming Ale like substance. Will it turn out similar, I have no idea. But it will be beer.
dpoole

Post by dpoole »

I'm conditioning my beer. American Ale from BrewDemon. This is my second batch. Waiting to try it out tomorrow.

I just tasted my 4th brew of Vienna Lager and I am not pleased with the taste. The CO2 content is not high enough. Any suggestions?
Last edited by dpoole on Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

dpoole wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:00 pm I'm conditioning my beer. American Ale from BrewDemon. This is my second batch. Waiting to try it out tomorrow.
Good deal. Report back on how it is :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

mashani wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:59 am I brewed an attempted Anchor Humming Ale like substance. Will it turn out similar, I have no idea. But it will be beer.
That should be tasty. I really liked that beer when they first released it (I likely still like it, just haven't' seen it).

But I do have a recipe (not mine, I found it on HBT) for a New Zealand Pilsner that was REALLY good. Maybe I'll brew that now so it's nice and lagered when Spring hits. Or maybe a Kolsch....too many choices!!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:55 pm
mashani wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:59 am I brewed an attempted Anchor Humming Ale like substance. Will it turn out similar, I have no idea. But it will be beer.
That should be tasty. I really liked that beer when they first released it (I likely still like it, just haven't' seen it).

But I do have a recipe (not mine, I found it on HBT) for a New Zealand Pilsner that was REALLY good. Maybe I'll brew that now so it's nice and lagered when Spring hits. Or maybe a Kolsch....too many choices!!
I have not seen it in forever, and I like it a lot. Which is why I decided to try to make something like it.

I looked up that pilsner recipe, I think it sounds good, I might try it one day when I have all the hops on hand. Will have to look for a new zealand sample pack. I've just got lots of Nelson right now.
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Will The_Professor brew some beer?
I have not been brewing for quite some time now.
So I picked up some simple stuff to brew.
Some LME, hops, and yeast for three 2 gallon batches.
LME to 5ish ABV, 20 minute hop boil to 25ish IBU (plus 0.5 oz dry hop), and yeast.
The style? See the sentence above, that's the style. :)

Picked up an Ss Brewtech 3.5 gallon fermenter that has specific first use prep instructions. So that this weekend.
Brew then or the next weekend.

3beers.jpg
3beers.jpg (77.51 KiB) Viewed 375879 times
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Good to see you again Professor!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Beer-lord wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:22 pm Good to see you again Professor!
Thanks. I have lurked some, but I wasn't brewing.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

The_Professor wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:12 pm Will The_Professor brew some beer?
I have not been brewing for quite some time now.

Picked up an Ss Brewtech 3.5 gallon fermenter that has specific first use prep instructions. So that this weekend.
Brew then or the next weekend.
Good to hear from ya Professor......
I think you will really like that brew bucket, i have one in 7.5 gal and I really like it.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

berryman wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:28 am I think you will really like that brew bucket, i have one in 7.5 gal and I really like it.
I will see how well my brew bucket makes beer. :)
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewing a Blueberry Wheat today. A simple 60/40 with 3lbs pale 2 row, 2lbs pilsner, and 3.5 white wheat, Mosaic hops to 12 IBU. Using rinsed us-05 made into a 1 L starter. will make a puree with a touch of honey and add at the end of fermentation, and also have some blueberry flavoring at kegging.
Edit: it really wasn't 60/40 but I call it that, 34.3 2 row, 22.9 pilsner, 40 white wheat and 2.9 acidulated. was 1.047
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison