What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:50 pm Commando'd 5 freaking oz. today on the dry hop Ha Ha, going to cold crash and should settle out some. Will see.
Yeah, I love that recipe lol.

I bottled my Sahti like thing, FWIW. I may have over-done the Juniper a bit. We shall see as it ages.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kegged the piny clone today, what a mess that made of my fermenter. I put it on 30psi , but think am really going to like it from the sample. will try it tomorrow or next day. All them hops are making me burp from the hydro sample.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Careful...you may be getting Beer-lord too excited!

Looking forward to seeing a pic of your first pour.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed and also bottled a Patersbier since last time I was on here. I think I am going to brew a Tripel Karmeliet type of beer next.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

{runs off to Google "Karmeliet"....}
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

mashani wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:39 am I brewed and also bottled a Patersbier since last time I was on here. I think I am going to brew a Tripel Karmeliet type of beer next.
Wow, after googling those two types, that sounds pretty good..
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
rutherkip

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by rutherkip »

BlackDuck wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:25 pm Kegged my Czech Pilsner that I'll be bringing to my nephews graduation party in June. A little more than 2 full months to lager. Should be a tasty one.
That sounds like a fantastic plan! Two months of lagering should help your Czech Pilsner develop its flavors beautifully, making it a delightful addition to your nephew's graduation party in June. Cheers to a tasty celebration! 🍻🎓
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

I Brewed 5G Scottish Wee Heavy Ale, it's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer this afternoon. They recommended using a secondary fermenter (seems like a lot of the stronger/heavier recipes are like that) and fermenting for a total of 8-10 weeks before bottling. That's a lot longer than what I normally do. I usually ferment with just one fermenter for 3 weeks and then bottle and carbonate/condition for 4 weeks. I guess I'll leave it in the fermenter for 8 weeks, if that's recommended.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This Saturday morning, I Brewed an Irish Blonde Ale, it's a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. And while I'm doing that, I noticed on this recipe that it said if you want to skip the secondary fermentation then just add one week to the primary fermentation. So I go look at the wee heavy recipe, it said the same, so I adjusted it's schedule to primary fermentation + 1 week. At least now it'll be ready later this year instead of early 2024.
Last edited by TonyKZ1 on Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Well I didn't brew the Pliney clone, instead I brewed a dark winter lager, because I had lager yeast but no ale yeast. So Pliney will be next. Next I say.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I Brewed Mutt's Nuts Brown Porter, it's a 5G Extract w/ steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I Brewed a Bastard Stepson Hard Rootbeer, it's a 5G Extract recipe from Northern Brewer. It's pretty much a family favorite around here. It's usually got a 4-5% ABV so low alcohol content, tastes good (if you like root beer), and is especially good with a glass of ice cream.
nyrachel

Post by nyrachel »

Beer-lord wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:30 am Sunday I brewed a NEIPA. I've not done a good job with these in the past but as I've been asked to brew one for a wedding, I decided to do 2 and let the bride pick the one she likes best. So, Sunday's brew was using Imperial Juice yeast and a grain bill that was full of oat, wheat and of course, hops. 14 oz in total with dry hop.
Friday I'm brewing a simpler grain bill with a slightly different hop combo and I'm using Hornindal Kveik. If neither of these turn out good, I'm screwed!
Sounds like an ambitious brewing plan! NEIPAs can be tricky, but using Imperial Juice yeast and a diverse grain bill is a good approach. The dual-batch idea for the wedding is smart. For the upcoming brew with Hornindal Kveik, simplicity might work well. Good luck, and I hope one of them becomes the perfect wedding brew! Cheers!
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I Brewed a Chocolate Milk Stout, just a 5G extract w/steeping grains recipe from Northern Brewer. I've made this one before too, it has a 1lb of grain, along with 4oz of Cacoa nibs to soak in Vodka and then add about a week or so after brewing. Makes the whole house smell good while steeping the grains and then boiling.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Preview: This weekend I'm hoping to brew a Pliny The Younger clone recipe that Northern Brewer sold a limited number of (kits) before the holidays.

Knowing that PTY uses slightly different hops each year, it won't be a clone per se, but I'm hoping for a rock solid 'tribute' beer.