What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by FedoraDave »

I have a fiver of 2Daves Irish Red that I'm going to keg today. Then it's off to the LHBS to buy ingredients so I can brew a fiver of FedoraDave's American Ale tomorrow!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Bottled 5 gal. of Fat Tire Clone....Bla, bottling isn't my favorite part of brewing but I have a good system but just don't like to do it and do it for my reasons. Something might change sometime soon....
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled my BoPils.

Now I haz fermenters to play with the Mash & Boil.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

20 minutes left in the mash of my "Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!" Lager that I'll be fermenting with the Bootleg Biology yeast.
Then I'll roast a pound of coffee while it's boiling.
At noon I'm putting two racks of spare ribs on for dinner.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yesterday I bottled the Mirror Pond Ale clone so I'll have to see how it compares to the original one when I see my brother for Easter dinner at Mom's house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

That can be fun, comparing a clone to the original. Good luck with it. Even when my clones don't match, I'm happy if it's good beer.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed a five of an American style wheat. Had a very good un-eventful brewday and everything came out good. As I get use to my new equipment it gets better everytime. Even my chiller did good today atleast for now and the best it can do. 28 min from boil to 68 deg. pulled the chiller and covered did my outside chores and pitched a 1 LT starter of Wyeast 1010 @ 66 deg. will let it climb to where ever after a couple days.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Kegged a 2.5g batch of Weizenheimer this afternoon. Gonna brew a 2.5g batch of South Ferry Steam Beer tomorrow. It's going to a competition in May, so wish me luck!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by RandyG »

Hey Borgamooskas, I bottled my Session Ale and my Summertime Ale today.I think I over did the lemon flavoring in the Summertime Ale.I added 1 1/2 oz. into the bottling slimline (MrB sized batch),and when I tasted the sample,it was REAL lemony.Hope it mellows out while conditioning,otherwise they were both tasty. Cheers. :fillup
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Bottled a Stars and Stripes American IPA and then brewed a Mush-Mouth Oatmeal Stout, both 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipes from Jaspers.
RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by RandyG »

Hey Borgananners, bottled my last 2 batches until Fall. One was a MrB Pilsner with steeped grains and an extra oz. of Saaz hops.The other was a MrB Canadian Blonde w/grains and an oz. of Cascades. Both tasted good at sampling. Have high hopes for them both this summer. Next event is to take inventory of what I have to look forwards to drinking when those Hazy,Hot,Humid days arrive. Cheers :beer:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Using up MoreBeer Extra Light LME I had on hand, I made a quick 3 gallon batch of 1.065 quick boil SMaSH IPA with 4oz of Strata hops and Nottingham.

I used the Strata before in an English IPA (it was tasty), but I wanted to taste them "pure" and see what I think without all the caramel malts.

It was a 15 minute boil and I threw 1oz in @10, 1oz in @5, and 2oz in @flameout. Why instead of all flameout, I don't know, I just felt like being different this time.

30 minute hopstand/lid on, and that's about it.

Should be dopey and tropicalish.

OH and I bottled my Maibock a couple of days ago, which was very cloudy and kind of acetaldahydish, but it was sitting in there for more then 3 weeks already and was at a stable gravity for over a week and a half. The mangrove jack yeast I used seemed to not flocculate one bit. I am hoping that after carbing and some laagering, it will drop out and the green apple/tart will go away. First thing out of the fermenter in a long time that I thought "self, this has got to sit around for a while". Other then what I described it seems fine, but?
RandyG
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by RandyG »

Hey Borgarris, Took inventory of my Summer Beers and deduced that I did not have enough,BUT,the temps in my brew room are starting to rise so I thought i'd stop brewing until the Fall.But I was looking through my brew notes and recalled I had brewed a Farmhouse Ale with some success,so I go to my LHBS and get the stuff I needed. I ended up brewing a 4.3%er with Simcoe hops and a 6 % + with Nelson hops. I used Belle Saison yeast in both. They should turn out pretty funky.Can't wait. Cheers :lol:
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Brewed a Flat Tire Ale, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies. This is supposed to be a clone of Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewing Company. This recipe differs in the hops (Northern Brewer and Saaz) and grains (Special B, C-120, Munich) from other Fat Tire clone recipes that I've seen. It also uses the SafAle BE-256 Abbey style dry yeast. However, I've never tried the original so I guess this'll be something a little different from the other beers that I've made.
Last edited by TonyKZ1 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote:Brewed a Flat Tire Ale, a 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies.
Tony I have brewed that in extract many times. I do basically the same recipy Now but AG. I use Wyeast 1214 with a starter and ferment it on the cold side. I am drinking on my second batch that I brewed AG and like it better but the extract was good too. I don't usually brew the same beer over and over but I do this one and may get a tap/keg system just for this beer.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison