What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by mashani »

I bottled that Humming clone thing, and I think it will be similarish enough for me to really enjoy it.

I brewed 6 gallons of West Coast style IPA from a grain bill standpoint at least, using 2oz of Citra and 3oz of BRU-1 hops. Would probably make a good hazy with that combo, but I keep seeing people posting pictures of really chunky looking hazy beers on FB and they make me want to barf, but I'm nice and say nothing lol. None the less it's turned me off from brewing a hazy right now.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

A week ago today I brewed an American Lager 1.050. @ 57-58 degs. it was at 1.010 today, projected 1.007 so bring it up 62 deg. for a few days for a rest now, I dont think it will go down to 1.007 but might drop a couple more points. It's amazing what you can do with good temp control and good yeast pitch, I will Lager in the keg.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I have a New Zealand Pilsner fermenting now with 34/70 yeast.
I'm pressure fermenting at 65 degrees @ 10psi to suppress any esters from the yeast. This is my first time trying this, so I'll be able to (hopefully) compare this to the last time I brewed this recipe to see if it's cleaner.
It's definitely fermenting faster and more aggressively than previous lagers so far.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:32 am I have a New Zealand Pilsner fermenting now with 34/70 yeast.
I'm pressure fermenting at 65 degrees @ 10psi to suppress any esters from the yeast. This is my first time trying this, so I'll be able to (hopefully) compare this to the last time I brewed this recipe to see if it's cleaner.
It's definitely fermenting faster and more aggressively than previous lagers so far.
I am definitely interested on how that works out as what I have in mind for my new fermenter (that I haven't used yet LOL) I am using Cellar Science German which seems a lot like 34/70 but might be a different strain.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I'll keep you posted. I brewed on Sunday and today there is 0 activity in the airlock/spunding valve so I think it's done.
If it truly ferments at ale speeds, then it should be done - but I want to give it a good diacetyl rest, too.

I may pull a sample this weekend to see how it's doing.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:16 pm I brewed 6 gallons of West Coast style IPA from a grain bill standpoint at least, using 2oz of Citra and 3oz of BRU-1 hops.
I bottled this. Lots of apricots and peaches.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Just finished kegging a fiver of 9/Fifteen Pale Ale.

I had intended to brew a 3 gallon batch of Rocking Chair Orange Wheat last Sunday, but couldn't work up the enthusiasm to do it. I'm not brewing every week like I used to, and the pipeline has taken its share of hits, but I don't mind slowing down a bit.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed a beer with pale malt, 40L, and a bunch of Centennial that should be similar to Bells 2 Hearted IPA I think.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

berryman wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:45 pm
Kealia wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:32 am I have a New Zealand Pilsner fermenting now with 34/70 yeast.
I am definitely interested on how that works out as what I have in mind for my new fermenter (that I haven't used yet LOL) I am using Cellar Science German which seems a lot like 34/70 but might be a different strain.
I pulled a sample after 6 days and I went from 1.051 to 1.010 in that time! No diacetyl detected, but I'm giving it 3 days at a slightly higher temp, just to be safe.
That's crazy fast for a lager!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed a Sierra Nevada pale ale clone yesterday. I have done these a few times and is close to the real thing and a little less money and I like them. Also can be a fast turn-around time beer.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Great beer, just simple and good! I try to almost always have some in the fridge.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

berryman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:24 pm Brewed a Sierra Nevada pale ale clone yesterday. I have done these a few times and is close to the real thing and a little less money and I like them. Also can be a fast turn-around time beer.
Is it the More Beer kit? I've done that one a couple of times and it IS pretty darn close. I also use that as a gift idea if I have a birthday and friends/family don't know what to get me.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kealia wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:36 pm Is it the More Beer kit? I've done that one a couple of times and it IS pretty darn close.
Yes. I like it and easy, APA is my favorite beer and that is a good combination.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:30 pm
Kealia wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:36 pm Is it the More Beer kit? I've done that one a couple of times and it IS pretty darn close.
Yes. I like it and easy, APA is my favorite beer and that is a good combination.
Yeah, that kit is a good one. My experience with their Pliney the Elder clone kit was also good when I made that.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:44 pm My experience with their Pliney the Elder clone kit was also good when I made that.
I keep looking at that one to try and one of these days when I get in the mood to have 5 gallons of a double IPA, I will try it because it looks fun to brew.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison