What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: What are you brewing/bottling?

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Tomorrow I brew version III of my CH Evans Kick Ass Brown Ale clone. I was finally able to get brown malt from my LHBS and the hops that I wanted so I am very excited about this brew and hoping it comes closer to KABA than my previous two tries did.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Kegged a fiver of Amber's Amber Ale today, and tomorrow I brew a fiver of Trilby Brown Ale.

Interestingly, shortly after I kegged the amber, I drew a pint of Crown Top Pale Ale. There was that sputtering that indicates the keg has given up the ghost.

It's the Circle of Liiiiiiife!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Just got done with a Porter that will be racked onto bourbon soaked oak chips. This is the same recipe that I did about this time last year with a buddy of mine and we had a bad storm and the power went out... Today I was by myself and had electric the whole time. It smelled good boiling..... but they all do.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed up a 3 gallon batch of Maibock using some of my remaining Triskel hops as the hops. I figure spring and a malty floral beer should go together well. Basically just Pils, some Munich, a little bit of caravienna and a wee little bit of honey malt, plus the hops. I used S-189 Swiss Lager yeast.
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

Beerlord and I did a Deshutes Black Butte Porter Clone on a VERY windy, rainy and cold Sunday......hoping to share a few bottles at our meet up in Asheville in Feb. Hopefully its aged enough by then and we can take some HD pictures of Ron actually enjoying a dark beverage :jumpy:
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Brewed 5 gallons of No Lightfoot, a clone of Great Lakes Brewing's Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Last of the year for me.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled both my Calipso Mosiac ESB and my Chinook Cascade ESB
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm working on a 5ish gallon batch of what I am calling "California Uber Alles".

It's sort of like a California Common, except kicked up German style. Instead of C40 or C60, I'm using a blend of Caramunich III, CaraVienna, and Honey malt (8oz, 6oz, 2oz). Also 1# of Munich malt. The rest late extract.

And for hops I've blended together 2oz of Northern Brewer, 1oz of Simcoe, and 1oz of Mosiac. As in mixed them all together, and will toss I at normal intervals for a California Common, but with some extra hops at the end @flameout/hopstand.

And I'll use 34/70 in it. It will ferment a bit cooler then I'd normally ferment a Common but that will just make it a bit smoother and more German lager like which is OK, since I'm messing with the malt and hops too. I think the Simcoe and Mosiac will provide lots of goodies that will easily replace any missing esters. And I know Simcoe plays nice with a German like grain bill as I've done that before.

It is done. OG was 1.052.
Last edited by mashani on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Did 3 gallons of a Cherry Mead yesterday, today put 6 gallons of The Mather Steamship Cali-Common wort in the fermenter today.
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Planning to sneak a brewday in this week. Likely just a hoppy pale, but may drop a funky yeast on it. Also need to secondary my hopped 'pils' cider from Emma's cider book.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Just got done brewing a Imperial Saison. 3711 Wyeast with a starter, 1.090, pitched at 68 deg. Will let it go and rise to as warm as my basement is close to my heater around mid 70's, not using my fermentation chamber for this. Lots of late addition Hops, French Strisselspalt, French Armis, and Nelson Sauvin, and will do a dry hop with French Armis. This was a very smooth brewday, no interruptions and no beer drinking until almost done. :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

ScrewyBrewer wrote:Tomorrow I brew version III of my CH Evans Kick Ass Brown Ale clone. I was finally able to get brown malt from my LHBS and the hops that I wanted so I am very excited about this brew and hoping it comes closer to KABA than my previous two tries did.
Try to save some for Asheville, I am going bring growler or two of my Bottoms Up Brown. Be nice to compare side by side. Also going to bring a growler or 2 of my Cali-Common that we swapped.
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Dawg LB Steve wrote:
ScrewyBrewer wrote:Tomorrow I brew version III of my CH Evans Kick Ass Brown Ale clone. I was finally able to get brown malt from my LHBS and the hops that I wanted so I am very excited about this brew and hoping it comes closer to KABA than my previous two tries did.
Try to save some for Asheville, I am going bring growler or two of my Bottoms Up Brown. Be nice to compare side by side. Also going to bring a growler or 2 of my Cali-Common that we swapped.
:cheers:
Sounds good Steve I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person and sharing our beers.
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yesterday I brewed a Midwest Supplies Simply Beer-Stout 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe, modified it into an Oatmeal Stout by adding 1lb of flaked oatmeal. We'll have to see how this turns out as I thought that might be too much oatmeal but I checked other similar recipes and that's how much they used.
Today I brewed a Midwest Supplies Simply Beer-Brown Ale 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe. This turned out pretty good last time, so hopefully it'll be a repeat and a good beer too.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: Today I brewed a Midwest Supplies Simply Beer-Brown Ale 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe. This turned out pretty good last time, so hopefully it'll be a repeat and a good beer too.
Tony, I've seen that series of Simply Beer from Midwest, just wondering what it is and how come it is only about 1/2 the price of their standard 5 gal extract kits. Was just thinking this could be a way for one of my brewing buddies to step up from his Mr Beer brewing into a 5 gal for less money then a MB kit.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison