What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Kealia »

That's odd...I didn't add those effects.......
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Kealia wrote:That's odd...I didn't add those effects.......
See what happens when you go to the dark side?
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:
I'm having a seizure.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

mashani wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:
I'm having a seizure.
Is that from the lights/effects or the fact that I'm drinking another Milk Stout?
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote:
mashani wrote:I'm having a seizure.
Is that from the lights/effects or the fact that I'm drinking another Milk Stout?
Hmm... now that's a good question. LOL.

So, I *attempted* to drink some of the Brown Ale, of which I had already drank half of the 5 gallons I brewed, but the other half has been sitting in a box. And... for the first time in at least 7 years... I had to dump it. The whole second half (came from a different fermenter) turned into not just a lacto sour type beer, but a much more sour acetobacter sour type beer, IE malt vinegar, I am guessing at least 6% acidity (as in more then normal Malt Vinegar). And malt vinegar with bittering hops just isn't good to drink. And I couldn't figure out what I would do with 2.5 gallons of the stuff.

Normally a little bit of Lacto sour and I'll just drink it, or if my Brett I'm very happy to drink it, but this... nope.

I'm not sure how this happened. I have been making lots of sauerkraut lately, so all I can figure is some cross contamination, as the kraut is fermenting in a cabinet in my kitchen. I don't think I opened it while the wort was exposed in the fermenter, but it's possible one of my kids did while digging out a glass or bowl or something.

So... I guess I better ferment that somewhere else, but my basement is too cold for Kraut right now so I'm not sure where...

So instead of that, I am now drinking some of Irish Red I made after the Brown Ale. It doesn't seem to be infected. Still my pipeline took a big hit. Blah.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

So I am drinking the Vienna Malt + South African N1/69 + Mosiac Pale Ale / Session IPA. It has no crystal, but the Vienna is malty enough that it doesn't need it.

It is good, it tastes like mango, and bitter orange/grapefruit, and plums or some such, with some slight piney/earthy and dank background. It does have a bit of a "green pepper" like bitter thing going on in the finish sort of like what they use to call Equinox has (it's called something else Eish these days). That might bug some people. It doesn't bother me, I actually like Equinox. I am assuming that came from the N1/69 hops, as Mosiac doesn't do that.

Only thing is that it didn't carb up as well as I'd like, I think its too cold in my basement, I might move the box upstairs for a few weeks and see if anything more happens.

It isn't sour at least. Hurray!
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Went to the Yazoo taproom for the first time this calendar year. Figured I needed to warm up the barstools for you all... Had a great time catching up with some of my Yazoo peeps and enjoying some great ETF beers.

ImageImage

Trio: Brettanomyces red ale with raspberries aged for 2 years in Tennessee Red Wine Barrels that previously held Tennessee Whiskey.
Vines: This series explores the influence of grapes in sour/funky/wild beer. Batch 1 is a 2 year old sour blonde ale aged in Napa Valley French Oak Puncheons with Scuppernog grapes from North Alabama.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

At Mantra today to try out the new release... plum quatuor, along with Biere du Bain, La Petit Cafe (coffee saison), and Cassis.Image

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Last edited by swenocha on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Color wise, the plum beer looks like the Plum Saison I've made the last 2 years. Like spot on.

I think your supposed to get neeked and drink the Biere du Bain in a hot tub.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Clean the fridge of old beers tonite so it's an old Founders Mosaic Promise. I don't know why I buy these each year, it's not so great to me. But I can say, it's so much better warmer than right out the fridge.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

mashani wrote:Color wise, the plum beer looks like the Plum Saison I've made the last 2 years. Like spot on.

I think your supposed to get neeked and drink the Biere du Bain in a hot tub.
More on the plum beer. "Plum Quatuor, a Belgian style sour ale with plum, is our very first spontaneously fermented coolship beer, fermented on 800 lbs of Oregon plums. Afterwards we aged this beer for 9 months on Plum Jerkum oak barrels with an addition of 1,200 lbs of plums."

As for Biere du Bain (a lavendar/lemon saison)... I chose to keep the clothes on... this time...

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Tried to drink beer... after 2.5 cases of bottle bombs, I'm drinking some Crown, it never lets me down, er, always knocks me down... hehehehe
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

swenocha wrote: More on the plum beer. "Plum Quatuor, a Belgian style sour ale with plum, is our very first spontaneously fermented coolship beer, fermented on 800 lbs of Oregon plums. Afterwards we aged this beer for 9 months on Plum Jerkum oak barrels with an addition of 1,200 lbs of plums."
That's a hella lot of plums. I hope it was delicious.
As for Biere du Bain (a lavendar/lemon saison)... I chose to keep the clothes on... this time...
Yeah, I've been meaning to brew one of those one day. I like lavender in beer quite a lot. I've used it along with Goldings in an English IPA and it was great. I've also used a good bit of it in the reconstructionist Belgian Abbey beer that I liked the best of the bunch.
FrozenInTime wrote:after 2.5 cases of bottle bombs
Ouch?! (says the guy who fed the drain gods 2.5 gallons of beer the other day)
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Tapped a 2.5 gallon keg of Oatmeal Stout (Brew Demon) I brewed last year. Pretty good going down on this warm... day.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Christmas Dubbel. I bottled 5 3/4 pints from the keg on the back porch today. The 3/4 had to go somewhere...
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.