What are you drinking?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What are you drinking?

Post by Kealia »

Man, I hope not!
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Kealia wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:00 pm Man, I hope not!
LOL, I could try to make Zombie Braggot I suppose.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Founders All Day IPA.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Tapped my BBW today. I had too.

Blue Berry Wheat :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I don't know how to post pics. on here anymore but thought I would give a updade on the Pliny clone I brewed not long ago. That is a excellent IPA and as good or better then the Southern tier 2x IPA that I drink sometimes. Other then it being a 8% beer and can't handle too many in one sitting.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed the Pliney clone twice, the second time I brewed it with more volume, so it came out 7%, and it was still awesome, if perhaps not as authentic. So, you could probably brew a bigger batch and have a wee bit more beer at a time.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Sam Adams Octoberfest and Boston Lager, since I'm out of my home brewed beer.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:04 pm I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
I've got everything I need to make that next. It's your fault I am lol.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:57 am
berryman wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:04 pm I just poured a glass of the pliny clone that I kegged back in 6/29. I kinda forgot that I still had that on tap and haven't had one in a while. say what want about IPA's losing their zing after getting a little old, Wow before even having a sip while tilting the glass got a big hop hit. It is a lot more smooth now and more easy drinking for a 8% but only about a gal or so left now as I am cleaning out what I got left so I can start brewing again now summer is over.
Yeah I definitely will make that again, I might try to figure a way to cut back the ABV a touch without changing the base beer. I don't know what the real Pliny comes in at but mine was right on the 8% mark.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

berryman wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:47 pm
mashani wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:57 am
Yeah I definitely will make that again, I might try to figure a way to cut back the ABV a touch without changing the base beer. I don't know what the real Pliny comes in at but mine was right on the 8% mark.
Looks like you nailed it. The real Pliny the elder is also 8%: https://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pliny-the-elder/
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Drinking a Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald porter. Had one Nov.9 , 10, today and till there are gone.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison