Idiocracy = BOM

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Idiocracy = BOM

Post by DaYooper »

Anyone ever see the movie "Idiocracy?" Its about the world getting dumber and dumber over time so no one notices it and just accepts it. I am convinced Mr. Beer is trying to live that movie. Logged on and saw that they gave their own employee Brewer Of The Month. Seriously? Not that I have anything against Robert but is traffic down so much that they had no one else to give it to who wasnt a direct employee? I sure wont be entereing any of their contests cuz I bet Diane or Peter will win it. Talk about just trying to annoy users.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
rattlesnake

Re: Idiocracy = BOM

Post by rattlesnake »

That movie is hilarious...... and that is SAD. I can believe that they would do that, they will probably start moving through the whole employee roster next.
If nobody is perfect and I am a nobody, then I must be perfect.

Get your bottle cap fishing tackle here http://www.killerkapz.com
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

Never knew what it took to be a brewer of the month but I did atleast figure their own staff would be exempt.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
Root Skier
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Root Skier »

Mr Beer's management (or lack there of) is a really strong motivator for me to stop using their LBK & recipes and just move up to 5 gallon batches.
Roots Brewing
Drinking
3. MB Wild Wheat ~6.5%
4. MB Girls & Boysenberries ~7%
5. MB El Diablo Blanco 8.1% 'Hop Jump' 
8. Wheat Pale Ale (1st 5g brew, 7.5%)
9. Hard Apple Cider (12.1%)
Conditioning
11. Winter Ale (1.070 OG)
Fermenting
Mr. Frankenale
Secondary
(empty)
 Planning
12. Blackberry Wheat

Follow Root's Brewing on Untapp'd.
https://untappd.com/RootsBrewing
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Pretty desperate.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

BOM is not tied to the forum over there. For a while they started naming non forum members BOM. There is quite a few now that have no association with the forum. They started picking ppl from how big their refill orders were, I can think of one in particular that was a total ass. They picked me once, I told them to keep it. I think it's good news they are now picking employees, tells me their orders have fallen really low. They earned the downfall, I hope they enjoy it.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

FrozenInTime wrote:BOM is not tied to the forum over there. For a while they started naming non forum members BOM. There is quite a few now that have no association with the forum. They started picking ppl from how big their refill orders were, I can think of one in particular that was a total ass. They picked me once, I told them to keep it. I think it's good news they are now picking employees, tells me their orders have fallen really low. They earned the downfall, I hope they enjoy it.
That was the other idiotic thing. Pretty much the only reason one went to that page was to log on to the forums. So why the heck would you want to log on and see someone who wasnt involved with helping others and just picked out of a hat getting the "award?" I am guessing that is why the Borg MOM got started - to sort of blow by that. Then of course they removed voting with their new software so that bit the dust.

I wish I was still in B-school. I could do a whole case study about this fiasco.
Silverleaf Vineyard & Winery / Old Mission Hops Exchange / Porchside Vineyard / The North York Brewing Company
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

DaYooper wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:BOM is not tied to the forum over there. For a while they started naming non forum members BOM. There is quite a few now that have no association with the forum. They started picking ppl from how big their refill orders were, I can think of one in particular that was a total ass. They picked me once, I told them to keep it. I think it's good news they are now picking employees, tells me their orders have fallen really low. They earned the downfall, I hope they enjoy it.
That was the other idiotic thing. Pretty much the only reason one went to that page was to log on to the forums. So why the heck would you want to log on and see someone who wasnt involved with helping others and just picked out of a hat getting the "award?" I am guessing that is why the Borg MOM got started - to sort of blow by that. Then of course they removed voting with their new software so that bit the dust.

I wish I was still in B-school. I could do a whole case study about this fiasco.
:borg: who says you can't do a case study on it? I'm sure there is a venue for that...just say'n :whistle:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

First time I've been over there in ages... Am I reading it right that, other than one post 10 hours ago, there haven't been any posts in that forum in the last two days?!? Wow...
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by joechianti »

I think you are reading it right. I swing by there now and then hoping to find signs of life. But it's a wasteland. Newbies show up with questions now and then, but there's only like 5 or 6 people left to help them, and half of those are employees. In my life, the only other times I've seen a company sink down the drain so fast is right after I buy shares in them on the stock market. But it sure seems that the day Cooper's stepped in was the beginning of the end for Mr beer. I don't know. I liked the people in that company a lot. It's sad to see. Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Like I said, I go there to get news about Snitty. Oh, and today, RickBeer was showing his newbee-ism by not knowing the correct sandwich to use as an air lock.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

It looks like Robert does most of the posting there now, so I guess Robert is the BOM. As FIT said, I think they were choosing at one time by who spent the most money there. Before that I think it was more to do with the board and who really helped others the most and I'd say that's the way it should be, but it's their company and they can run it down hill anyway they want.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

I agree with Berryman. I was BOM after being there only about six or seven months, but I was active, I had established a presence and a personality, and I had also stood up to that jerk troll Kenny in a big way. I don't know if that counted for anything, really, but it certainly wasn't because I was spending money with MB in a big way.

Frankly, I think things began to go to the rats over there right after Eric left. The buy-out by Coopers only hastened the decline.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Littlejohn's Ale
Fermenting/Conditioning
Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 100 Years War IPA -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- South Ferry Steam Beer
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

-
Last edited by swenocha on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
DaYooper
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by DaYooper »

FedoraDave wrote:Frankly, I think things began to go to the rats over there right after Eric left. The buy-out by Coopers only hastened the decline.
Frankly, another boneheaded move. Most people use MrB as a stepping stone and move on to 5 gallon batches. That automatically removed customers from the pool. When Coopers purchased MrB they should have immediately joined forces to either offer MrB 5'ers or offer the Cooper line. Brewdemon had it right by starting out that way off the bat as the equipment is pretty inexpensive and generic (ie a bucket and lid) so the only real expense is a larger can line. This would have kept customers in the fold that much longer especially since many people never make the step to AG due to time or expense.

And dont even get me started about their ad in BYO....