I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by mashani »

Inkleg wrote:Ouch Dave. Ain't racing fun! :clink:
I was having a blast, and then someone wrecked in front of me and I put the bike down on it's side on to avoid a direct front wheel hit (going over the bars is no fun as you know). There was temporary chaos as others did the same, and then everyone got up and kept going. I didn't know how much I was bleeding until I noticed that my finger felt weird, I had to keep flicking blood off of it (yuck) to keep my bars/shifter/brake lever from turning totally red and getting slippery... still did though a little bit. I have no idea how much I bled on the course, but it was a good bit.

At least in cross when you wreck although people heckle you, they then later give you a beer. Which is why I like cross more then road racing.

If I went down the way I did in a road crit, I'd be a lot more messed up.

I'm pretty much fine, just more gnarly looking then usual. The shower with the road grass/dirt rash was no fun, but it never is. My leg is more bloody then it looks in that pic, down below my knee. My forearm has some too. My jackets arm has a nice gash in it too from a rock or a bike that slid into me, or something, I don't have a clue, I was too busy not thinking about it and trying to get back on the bike.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Yeah, we used to call that "making street pizza". That's a good wound there, take care.

I'm having shoulder surgery on Wed and won't be able to use my shoulder for a solid month+, so I'm going to need help from friends to move my current fermentor and keg it next week. Then, I'm going to deserve a home brew.
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

All the best Ron and recover quickly!
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I hope you heal quickly and especially that a 12oz curl isn't too much for your shoulder to bear.