I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by John Sand »

Get a dog!
:)
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
duff
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by duff »

I should. Get a big viscous looking malamute. Of course they are some of the nicest dogs and would just be excited to have somebody new to play with. But the person on the other side of the door isn't likely to know that.
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

duff wrote:<rant>
I deserve a homebrew because I have managed to keep my calm while talking to these idiotic jehovah's witnesses. It is apparently missionary season. I have had three come to my door this morning. I have had another 6 this week and a few last week. I hate that I have to hide in my own house. Unfortunately I am now a full time student so I spend a great amount of time on my computer which is in view of the windows as you walk up to the house. If they see me they will continue to bang on the door and ring the doorbell until I answer the door. I don't want to have to close my blinds and not be able to see the sun the whole time I am home. So far they have all come from different churches that aren't even close to here and calling them to tell them to leave me alone doesn't seem to help. When I have pointed out the no solicitation sign I have just been told that it doesn't apply to missionaries because they are trying to save my soul.

I don't go to your house and preach my views to you so please leave me alone.
</rant>
Check your town's ordinances. Also, if you post No Solicitation signs and they don't obey, then you can call the police and get them removed from your property.

Our entire development is private, i.e. we own our roads. We don't allow solicitation of any type. Local "save the environment" group got a judge to tell our township that they had the right to collect signatures in the township, because they were exempt from the township's rules (requires a permit, etc.). However, since we are private, we can prohibit anyone from using our roads. So they were called by the Association's board and told that if they returned they would be removed by the police and we would prosecute. They stopped coming... :lol:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Maybe you could redirect a sprinkler so it covers the front porch. :idea:
Sibling Brewers
duff
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by duff »

There are a lot of good ideas. Maybe I can combine them all.

Get a police trained german shepherd with a sprinkler attached to it that sprays in the direction it's barking. Then I could just let it go every time they stop by. It would be able to chase after them for as much hose as it has.
DirtRacer
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by DirtRacer »

Speaking of JWs, about 8 or 9 years ago I saw a family of them in my neighborhood so I hurried up and loaded my fishing gear and left. Went down to the river, was stopped in the boat launch parking lot getting my gear when I hear a vehicle screech to a stop and what do you know, it's the JWs. They followed me from my house to the river. I say I deserve a homebrew tonight just for not going off on them, mostly because they had their kid of about 7 years old with them. I say this now because back then I wasn't homebrewing :D
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from poor judgment.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

duff wrote:There are a lot of good ideas. Maybe I can combine them all.

Get a police trained german shepherd with a sprinkler attached to it that sprays in the direction it's barking. Then I could just let it go every time they stop by. It would be able to chase after them for as much hose as it has.
Sharks with fricken' laser beams attached to their heads!
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

RickBeer wrote:Wait! Does Dave deserve a beer for changing his flat, or should he be penalized a beer for not having AAA or if it was on his work truck not having the company get it changed?
It was my work truck, and if I waited for the company to get it changed I'd have lost the whole morning, rather than the half hour it took me to change it myself.
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking:
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

I haven't had any show back up since I answered the door in my underwear and ask if they could keep the noise down and put a dimmer switch on the sun, because I'd been up all night drinking and having wild sex. :evil:
That's a true story, not that I had been doing it, but that's exactly what I told them and I did answer the door in my underwear. No ones come back yet, guess they think I might be a little more work than they're geared up for. :lol:
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

duff wrote:I don't go to your house and preach my views to you so please leave me alone.
Amen!
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

Inkleg wrote:I haven't had any show back up since I answered the door in my underwear and ask if they could keep the noise down and put a dimmer switch on the sun, because I'd been up all night drinking and having wild sex. :evil:
That's a true story, not that I had been doing it, but that's exactly what I told them and I did answer the door in my underwear. No ones come back yet, guess they think I might be a little more work than they're geared up for. :lol:
LOL Love it.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Inkleg wrote:I haven't had any show back up since I answered the door in my underwear and ask if they could keep the noise down and put a dimmer switch on the sun, because I'd been up all night drinking and having wild sex. :evil:
Wow, I'd like to try that on them sometime, but I don't have the balls to do that unless "I'd been up all night drinking" which does happen some, or "having wild sex" which I can't remember when the last time was.
I just hide until they leave.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I had an un-eventful day today, but I do deserve a homebrew because I had an uneventful day. :clink:
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
brewin bull
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewin bull »

I deserve a homebrew for FINALLY getting the business analyst to understand after 2 weeks, that I actually do know what the hell I am talking about!!!!!
Carcharodon Brewing
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

My sister is an artist, and she was busy cleaning her pallet of red paint, which she scrapes off with a razor blade. One of these door-to-door evangelists came knocking, and she answered the door, leaned against the door frame with a razor in her hand and red paint dripping down her arm, and said, "Is this going to take long, because I'm really busy..."

She hasn't been bothered since.

True story, and if you knew my sister, you'd not doubt a word of it.
Obey The Hat!

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Fermenting/Conditioning
Drinking: