I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by Inkleg »

I'd like to share a beer and stories with your sister Dave.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Continuing with the thread drift: I used to invite Jehovahs, Mormons, Born-Agains into the house and debate. When they find out you know scripture, they call in a ringer. They had their books, I had my bible. I'd argue them to a standstill. My mom thought I should have been a lawyer (no thank you). But at least 12 years of Catholic school wasn't wasted!
What I don't get about these sects, and many others, is their need to put down other beliefs. I mean, if they're right, why does everyone else have to be wrong? Is that what Jesus said? Or Buddha? Or whoever? And isn't it a hard way to live? Can't we all just get along?
Have a beer and relax, for God's sake.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
docpd
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by docpd »

I deserve a homebrew because it is there and i want one
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I deserve a homebrew because I had an eff'ed up brew day.
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

Inkleg wrote:I'd like to share a beer and stories with your sister Dave.
Jeff, she's not a beer drinker. Wine, yes. Tea, yes. But in any case, my sister is highly cool, and has many good stories.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch
teutonic terror
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by teutonic terror »

John Sand wrote:Continuing with the thread drift: I used to invite Jehovahs, Mormons, Born-Agains into the house and debate. When they find out you know scripture, they call in a ringer. They had their books, I had my bible. I'd argue them to a standstill. My mom thought I should have been a lawyer (no thank you). But at least 12 years of Catholic school wasn't wasted!
What I don't get about these sects, and many others, is their need to put down other beliefs. I mean, if they're right, why does everyone else have to be wrong? Is that what Jesus said? Or Buddha? Or whoever? And isn't it a hard way to live? Can't we all just get along?
Have a beer and relax, for God's sake.
I used to do the same thing. What drove me nuts about the whole JW ideal was they were not allowed to read any other religious material or listen to any other religious speakers, therefore not reason for themselves.
I had a regular group that would come to the house about once every two months and we would argue back and forth for an hour or so , pat each other on the back, then they would leave. The last time I saw the leader of that group, his name was Steve Austin, was Sept 10 2001 in a grocery store here in town.

Now with that name and date can you see how I remember so vividly! :lol:

He told me he considered me someone he liked very much, enjoyed debating with and he saw my views on our differences but they were going to quit stopping by because they were spending too much time with me and not making any progress. I told him he was welcome to stop by anytime, if he felt comfortable doing that.
They have they're views which some are very close to mainstream Christianity, but alot are kinda way out there when compared to the same!

We parted on civil terms and now when a group of them stops by, I just don't answer the door! I find no need to be rude or confrontational. They are just doing what they believe they are commanded to by their beliefs!

As far as the "I don't come to your house preaching my views, don't come to mine and preach yours" I agree with that.
I raise a homebrew to that!
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Interesting TT, my experience was similar. When they realized I wasn't signing on, they stopped coming. Now we get young people selling things.
Never mind, there it is.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

duff wrote:<rant>
I deserve a homebrew because I have managed to keep my calm while talking to these idiotic jehovah's witnesses. It is apparently missionary season. I have had three come to my door this morning. I have had another 6 this week and a few last week. I hate that I have to hide in my own house. Unfortunately I am now a full time student so I spend a great amount of time on my computer which is in view of the windows as you walk up to the house. If they see me they will continue to bang on the door and ring the doorbell until I answer the door. I don't want to have to close my blinds and not be able to see the sun the whole time I am home. So far they have all come from different churches that aren't even close to here and calling them to tell them to leave me alone doesn't seem to help. When I have pointed out the no solicitation sign I have just been told that it doesn't apply to missionaries because they are trying to save my soul.

I don't go to your house and preach my views to you so please leave me alone.
</rant>

just put up a "no trespassing" sign and prosecute. or post that last line on a sign with the last 4 words in red. i simply answer the door say not interested and close the door. just like a salesperson, they want you to argue with them. just closing the door is something they don't have a "pitch" for.
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

By the way, I deserve a homebrew because I took the kitchen counters off again. Once last week to let the counter guy template. Then I put them back to hold the sink for a week. Today I took them off again for the install. Drink up!
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

If this day doesn't improve fast, I'm going to deserve a lot more than 1 homebrew! Whew, retail sucks!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

OK, I confess. I had a Blue Point Hoptical Illusion instead of homebrew. Even though my pipeline produces, I need to bring a sixpack up from the basement to the fridge every other day to keep up with consumption. Sometimes I just don't have enough homebrew chilled long enough.
Never mind, there it is.
Fishybrewer

Post by Fishybrewer »

Because I have been out of work for 11 weeks so far for Rotator Cuff Surgery and I'm starting to go out of my mind. Cannot even make a batch cause I can't lift the weight. At least I can lift a glass! Cheers
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Fishybrewer wrote:Because I have been out of work for 11 weeks so far for Rotator Cuff Surgery and I'm starting to go out of my mind. Cannot even make a batch cause I can't lift the weight. At least I can lift a glass! Cheers
Hope it heals fast so you can get back to work, errr, brewing. Work, is a 4-letter curse word. Until then, lots of weight training is called for. It's amazing just how well those 12oz arm curls helps a guy heal faster!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I deserve one today because I've been shellac'n and sanding wood all day. That stuff makes me feel..... icky after a while. I can't have one right now because I have to go on base in a couple hours, don't need to get pulled over at the gate smelling like a brewery, but later perhaps. Feels like a peppermint schnapps night coming on to me.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

And, the sink is plumbed. Now I need a heating pad more than a brew.
Never mind, there it is.