I deserve a homebrew because....

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: I deserve a homebrew because....

Post by Brewbirds »

Fishybrewer wrote:Because I have been out of work for 11 weeks so far for Rotator Cuff Surgery and I'm starting to go out of my mind. Cannot even make a batch cause I can't lift the weight. At least I can lift a glass! Cheers
You get my support for that and I'm glad you can lift the glass (I hear that one is a beeeaach).

I've done something between wrist and base of thumb ( I'm thinking tendon) that has been driving me crazy for several weeks now.

I've been trying different kinds of braces because I'm scared of dropping a full LBK, just found one that is just for thumb area so maybe I can brew up the batch of stuff from AHS.

I deserve a homebrew for toughing out being an unpaid primary caregiver with no access to health care in the USA and managing to keep on taking care of my bro for about 30 years.

Oh and if they get it fixed I won't qualify for Mr. Beered care we are an invisible population.
Sibling Brewers
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

duff wrote:<rant>
I deserve a homebrew because I have managed to keep my calm while talking to these idiotic jehovah's witnesses. It is apparently missionary season. I have had three come to my door this morning. I have had another 6 this week and a few last week. I hate that I have to hide in my own house. Unfortunately I am now a full time student so I spend a great amount of time on my computer which is in view of the windows as you walk up to the house. If they see me they will continue to bang on the door and ring the doorbell until I answer the door. I don't want to have to close my blinds and not be able to see the sun the whole time I am home. So far they have all come from different churches that aren't even close to here and calling them to tell them to leave me alone doesn't seem to help. When I have pointed out the no solicitation sign I have just been told that it doesn't apply to missionaries because they are trying to save my soul.

I don't go to your house and preach my views to you so please leave me alone.
</rant>
I always just let Ralph go to the door and bark at them. They usually don't stick around when he does that. Then HE deserves a home brew but he always gives his to me in exchange for milk bones.
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

Fishybrewer wrote:Because I have been out of work for 11 weeks so far for Rotator Cuff Surgery and I'm starting to go out of my mind. Cannot even make a batch cause I can't lift the weight. At least I can lift a glass! Cheers
Can I ever relate to that. Only with me it was a hip replacement and I just finished week 4. It was easier at first when I didn't feel good enough to want to do anything than it is now that I feel good but can't. I have the same problem with wanting to brew but not being able to. I am thinking about recruiting some help to do the lifting for me. It is amazing what men will do for a few beers.
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

I deserve a home brew today because it is Thursday.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Gymrat wrote:I deserve a home brew today because it is Thursday.
If you can get guys to help you brew you deserve a home brew everyday for dedication to keeping that pipeline alive.

P.S. Did I miss an update? You doing okay over there?

:cheers:
Sibling Brewers
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

Tuesday made week 4 and I am doing all of my walking with a cane and able to go limited distances without even that. Misty (my daughter) and I walked a mile a few days ago. I am starting to go up my stairs alternating legs. All of these things put me a week to 2 weeks ahead of schedule on my recovery according to the book they sent me home with. I have been having a couple beers while watching my movies each evening. I don't want to have too many and stumble so I am really limiting myself. Thankyou for asking.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

Gymrat wrote:Tuesday made week 4 and I am doing all of my walking with a cane and able to go limited distances without even that. Misty (my daughter) and I walked a mile a few days ago. I am starting to go up my stairs alternating legs. All of these things put me a week to 2 weeks ahead of schedule on my recovery according to the book they sent me home with. I have been having a couple beers while watching my movies each evening. I don't want to have too many and stumble so I am really limiting myself. Thankyou for asking.

I am very happy to hear that it is going good so far and you know we are all cheering for you at your home on the Borg.

You deserve a home brew when ever it is appropriate to have one. :banana: :barman:
Sibling Brewers
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I went and got my annual physical and everything was good. The Doc said I was in good shape and keep doing whatever I have been doing, so I deserve a homebrew, because that's what I've been doing. And the Doc told me to keep up the good work.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Wings_Fan_In_KC
Wings_KC
Wings_KC

Post by Wings_Fan_In_KC »

I deserve a homebrew because I have managed to keep my calm while talking to these idiotic jehovah's witnesses. It is apparently missionary season. I have had three come to my door this morning. I have had another 6 this week and a few last week. I hate that I have to hide in my own house. Unfortunately I am now a full time student so I spend a great amount of time on my computer which is in view of the windows as you walk up to the house. If they see me they will continue to bang on the door and ring the doorbell until I answer the door. I don't want to have to close my blinds and not be able to see the sun the whole time I am home. So far they have all come from different churches that aren't even close to here and calling them to tell them to leave me alone doesn't seem to help. When I have pointed out the no solicitation sign I have just been told that it doesn't apply to missionaries because they are trying to save my soul.

</rant>
Just answer the door holding a shotgun.
I'm A Friggin' Hop Grenade !!
Crazy Dog Brewing
22.50 Gallons Brewed in 2014

Jan 6th: HCCD Mod II
Jan 27th: Diablo IPA Mod
Feb 18th: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod II
Mar 13th: Witty Monk Witbier Mod II
Moved in June disupting my brewing and pipeline
July 19th: OVL Mod II
Late Aug: Bewitched Amber Ale Mod
Oct: High Country Canadian Mod III
Nov: St Pat's Irish Stout/Vanilla Porter Mod
Dec: Pilothouse Pilsner Mod III
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I try not to go OT but this thread has been on-going with the JW's, so I got a quick story about them.
When I built my new house a few years ago, I put in a couple big all glass double doors, My 80 year old aunt stopped up and said, them are some beautiful doors but in a serious tone said... but what you going to do when the jehovah witness stop and they will be able to look right in and see you. I laughed :).
Not long ago on a Sat . I'm drinking a few beers in my basement lounge and here they come, a whole carload of them. They are looking in my doors and I'm trying to stay out of sight so they would go away, but they kept hanging around, it made me feel like I was trapped in my own house. I am nice to them when I do talk to them, but I'd rather not deal with them. I guess they are just doing what they believe in.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

One advantage of living in a mostly Jewish neighborhood (even if you are not one) is that the JW's don't come around.
Chuck N
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Chuck N »

Wings_Fan_In_KC wrote:

</rant>
Just answer the door holding a shotgun.
Just tell them you're Jewish.
Things men have made with wakened hands, and put soft life into
Are awake through years with transferred touch and go on glowing
For long years.
And for this reason some old things are lovely
Warm still with the life of forgotten men who made them.

― D.H. Lawrence
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I deserve a homebrew because I hit a pinecone while dodging horseshit while going about 30kph on the downhill side of a false flat on cross country skis on a bridal trail. And wrecked. In horseshit.
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

mashani wrote:I deserve a homebrew because I hit a pinecone while dodging horseshit while going about 30kph on the downhill side of a false flat on cross country skis on a bridal trail. And wrecked. In horseshit.

one assumes you'll be showering with that beer. ;)
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Post by FedoraDave »

mashani wrote:I deserve a homebrew because I hit a pinecone while dodging horseshit while going about 30kph on the downhill side of a false flat on cross country skis on a bridal trail. And wrecked. In horseshit.
OMG! Is the pinecone okay?

Seriously, you deserve a couple homebrews after that. I hope nothing more than your pride was hurt.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat
Fermenting/Conditioning
South Ferry Steam Beer -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch