Winter Pics

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Winter Pics

Post by FrozenInTime »

Let's see your winter pics ya'll! Dust off the cameras, show us what u have. We have all winter to get those winter snapshots. I'll start with a few.

Here's a pic of my bud after he finished snow blowing with the garden tractor. For the life of me, I can't figure out how he did it with no thumbs to grip the steering wheel! He sure is proud of what he accomplished though.
Attachments
snapper sno blo.jpg
snapper sno blo.jpg (116.56 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: Winter Pics

Post by FrozenInTime »

More pics of a snow dog (sun halo),
Attachments
Sun dog.jpg
Sun dog.jpg (63.02 KiB) Viewed 853 times
sun set.jpg
sun set.jpg (62.29 KiB) Viewed 853 times
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

And, if my browser does not lock up for the 3rd freaking time...

1st is a bench in front of our home. I usually sit on it and drink a beer waiting for my wife to come home from work each evening, atleast during the warmer months. IS NOT going to happen now... LOL, I'm sure ya'll will understand why from the pic. 2nd pic is a pine tree, covered with some snow awaiting christmas.
Attachments
bench.jpg
bench.jpg (97.62 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Pine tree.jpg
Pine tree.jpg (170.91 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Winter? it was 79 today and is 77 in my house now! I just want Fall, not winter.

Those pics looks awesome and even better knowing I don't have to move tons of snow.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

Very nice pics! We got a couple inches a couple weekends ago, and it promptly melted before Tuesday. Today, just that bitter cold front that moved down, no snow with it. It's only about 30 degrees out, though. When we get some snow again (maybe?) I will post some.
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

Wow, what beautiful countryside. (if I don't have to live in it in the winter!) :freeze:

Oh, and I don't believe your dog plowed all that snow with the garden tractor. Sorry. Not a chance.

I think he did it with a shovel and wants you to THINK he did it with the garden tractor. Smart dog.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Beer-lord wrote:Winter? it was 79 today and is 77 in my house now! I just want Fall, not winter.

Those pics looks awesome and even better knowing I don't have to move tons of snow.

77... we are at +2 right now, going to get to a warm -12 tonight with a high of -3 tomarrow, gets worse from there. Friday night... -19... gonna be a heat wave LOL http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... qEdtCDnYyU

Going to be a loooooooooooooooooooooong winter!!!! Glad I have lots of toys.. er... tools.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

JimH wrote:Very nice pics! We got a couple inches a couple weekends ago, and it promptly melted before Tuesday. Today, just that bitter cold front that moved down, no snow with it. It's only about 30 degrees out, though. When we get some snow again (maybe?) I will post some.
This snow will be around til april/may timeframe. We had a couple snows that melted the last month but this is here to stay. I have seen snow that was as high as a roof top since we moved here almost 20 yrs back. Problem is we get the bitter cold, usually round jan and stays a couple months too. Bitter, well below zero for a high with wind chills I have seen at -106. That is bitter. Ready to move to ND yet? I remember living in NM thinking 30 degrees was the worst temp in the world. I would welcome winters at that temp now... LOL
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beautiful Pics. FIT. I love seeing the snow, but only in pictures or looking out the window of my warm house, I'm really getting tired of working in it.
Edit: we are going to get hit again tomorrow, been somewhat warm here the past few days (30's)
I'll post some western NY Lake effect snow pictures and I'm afraid it will be soon.
Last edited by berryman on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
D34THSPAWN
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by D34THSPAWN »

16-24 inches, too deep for the puppy, he gets tired and lies down to eat snow
IMG_20131205_191809.jpg
IMG_20131205_191809.jpg (192.9 KiB) Viewed 819 times
Shoveled for about 3 or 4 hours total so far, finally stopped and is now down to about 6 degrees now gonna hit below zero tonight
Deadhouse Brewing Pipeline
Drinking: Northern Brewer Nut Brown, Pale Rider, Charon's oar Conditioning: Charon's OarFermenting: Single Obol Stout Next Up: Persephone's Tears Blackberry Wheat
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Looks like it's perfect weather for brewing lagers outside! D34TH, that puppy is adorable.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

D34THSPAWN
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by D34THSPAWN »

Maybe for making eisbocks lol

Also thanks, he's an adorable pain in the ass, as I type the two dogs are beating each other up in front of the couch
Deadhouse Brewing Pipeline
Drinking: Northern Brewer Nut Brown, Pale Rider, Charon's oar Conditioning: Charon's OarFermenting: Single Obol Stout Next Up: Persephone's Tears Blackberry Wheat
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Nice pic D, love the puppy! Glad to see we're not the only ones getting nail'd with the white fluffy stuff. I hate shoveling it too, that's why I taught my pup to run the snow tractor.. LOL.
RedBEERd
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by RedBEERd »

BEAUTIFUL pictures....as much as I'd like to see that here one day, I think I'd only want to see it FOR one day.

Be safe.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Well, it's like I tell everyone red, your more than welcome to come visit. Pick a cold day in winter when we have snow, I'll fire up the fireplace to warm you up, I'll fire up the equipment and let you drive the tractor snow blowing as much as u want. I'll even give ya a choice of hot chocolate or a nice winter warmer brewski (after your done)! If you prefer, I have a few manual operated snow shovels, that will give u a heck of a warm up! My driveway is only 1/4 mile long, but the gravel road is 1 1/4 mile to my drive. Guarantee ya, u will know how much fun snow is when you're done. After all that work, we can fire up some snowmobiles and zoom around the country side, if u can take it at -20 or -30. One of our many benefits here is cross country ski'n is popular. We might get into it this year.... so my wife thinks.... I'd rather brew, or drink that brew.... LOL