Uploading and Posting Photos!

The information and announcements you need to know about the BeerBorg community.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Uploading and Posting Photos!

Post by Brewbirds »

gwcr wrote:
Brewbirds wrote:Why am I getting a message that I can only add 3 files when trying to post pictures?

Also in one thread a picture was posted twice but doesn't show up as an attachment with the others.

I use MS Picture Manager and resize to 300X and they appear to be smaller than others in threads with more than three pics in the post.

:thanks:
That may be a restriction when adding pictures as attachments rather than linking to them by using the "image" tags. I haven't had problems adding multiple pics when linking directly to them from my photobucket account. When doing the attachment method, I usually only have one pic to "attach". Have you tried linking from a site like photobucket or flickr?
No I haven't as I don't have accounts on any of those kind of sites. I don't see the need to if I can resize them and keep them on my own PC.

Why would direct uploads be "descriminated against" over having some otherwise unnecessary website account?
Sibling Brewers
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

Brewbirds wrote:
gwcr wrote:
Brewbirds wrote:Why am I getting a message that I can only add 3 files when trying to post pictures?

Also in one thread a picture was posted twice but doesn't show up as an attachment with the others.

I use MS Picture Manager and resize to 300X and they appear to be smaller than others in threads with more than three pics in the post.

:thanks:
That may be a restriction when adding pictures as attachments rather than linking to them by using the "image" tags. I haven't had problems adding multiple pics when linking directly to them from my photobucket account. When doing the attachment method, I usually only have one pic to "attach". Have you tried linking from a site like photobucket or flickr?
No I haven't as I don't have accounts on any of those kind of sites. I don't see the need to if I can resize them and keep them on my own PC.

Why would direct uploads be "descriminated against" over having some otherwise unnecessary website account?
I don't have full admin access to confirm this, but being in the Internet business here is what I would say to explain it.

Attachments get uploaded directly to this site, so there are most likely size restrictions per post (file size as well as pixel size) in order to keep the hosting size of the site to a minimum. When you reference a pic on another site by using the "image" tags, the pic still lives on the other site. It is only being displayed here and does not take up any hosting space here.

Like I said I'm not familiar with the setup of this site, but it makes sense to me from a hosting perspective.
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

BB, I'm lousy at posting pics. But I believe that the reason for the size limits is that your pics, sent here, are carried by the site server. Flickr pics are still on Flickr, just linked here. It keeps this site from needing more storage. Most forums operate this way.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

AHA!!! Now that it has been explained it makes perfect sense.

But now I have to go learn how to do more internet stuff. :(

Thanks guys.

Edit to add: are there security concerns regarding those kind of websites? OH and is one better than another?

Thanks again.
Sibling Brewers
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Great info, glad I found and read this.
Attachments
snowy-daze-stout.jpg
snowy-daze-stout.jpg (131.39 KiB) Viewed 9691 times
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I might have missed something but I don't see a way to add the image size to the image tag. Does it mean all files should be resized before posting?
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Ok I'm a do-it yourselfer and don't like to ask for help if I can figure something out myself, but I am a dumb A$$ on posting a Vid on here, I've read on here how to do it but I just can't make it work. I can post Pic all the time but not a Video, and I've been trying. Could someone give me a step by step? Lets start by saying I have a youtube link, How do I post it like others do so it shows up in the thread and you just have to click on it?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

berryman wrote:Ok I'm a do-it yourselfer and don't like to ask for help if I can figure something out myself, but I am a dumb A$$ on posting a Vid on here, I've read on here how to do it but I just can't make it work. I can post Pic all the time but not a Video, and I've been trying. Could someone give me a step by step? Lets start by saying I have a youtube link, How do I post it like others do so it shows up in the thread and you just have to click on it?
No problem. Let's say you have a video from YouTube you want to post. You want the numbers/letters after the "v=" in the URL. For example this URL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIfoTbaHaY

You would take -uIfoTbaHay and then click the youtube button when you post a message. Put the -uIfoTbaHay between the youtube brackets and that's all there is to it.

Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build