Wil Wheaton and his beer

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Wil Wheaton and his beer

Post by Beer-lord »

I see now that NB has Wil Wheaton pushing his beer http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/vand ... e-kit.html
I know he was involved with Stone Woot Stout but other than being a semi-actor and homebrewer, why? I'm not dissing it, just curious as to what makes him so much better. OK, maybe I'm jealous.
What stands here before you is the result of a quest to brew an outstanding IPA loaded with hoppy citrus and malty caramel. Inspired by a richly malty DIPA, the idea was to create something similar - big malt, huge aroma - but scaled down to a regular IPA.The first version was all about Cascade and although delicious, it wasn't quite citrusy enough. Future versions featured more hops and included Centennial to enhance and sharpen the citrusy edge of the Cascades - that combo proved to be the answer (along with a much larger dry hop addition). From there the amount and variety of crystal malts was chosen to get the toasty caramel flavor perfected. After that, it was just a couple more test batches to dial in the IBUs, OG, and body of the beer. The result of this epic journey speaks for itself - a wonderfully balanced IPA that has a noticeable caramel malt backbone, and a fresh citrusy hop profile with a huge, in your face aroma.
Oh wait, his wife is kind of cute!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Wil Wheaton and his beer

Post by haerbob3 »

Ya know BL our brews are most definitely better. I know my ugly mug, poor guitar playing & name sure the hell won't sell any beer kits :lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe it is his experience in dealing with the :borg:
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

It does look like a nice simple recipe that would be easy to scale to my 2.5 gallon fermenters.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

He must be a great guy if he brews.
gwcr

Post by gwcr »

I just wonder if he named his grain mill...
the-wesley-crushers.jpg
the-wesley-crushers.jpg (99.28 KiB) Viewed 137 times
:whistle:
Fermenting: Bucket 1 - Fresh Squeezed IPA; Bucket 2 - Empty

Kegged: Keg 1 - Irish Red; Keg 2 - Cream Ale; Keg 3 - Amber Ale; Keg 4 - APA; Keg 5 - Empty; Keg 6 - Empty; Keg 7 - Empty
The reason why the above list is so small Home Theater Build