The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

philm00x

Re: The No Post Post

Post by philm00x »

That sounds good right now.. need to get that pot brewing.
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

I leave the main valve on my CO2 tank closed at all times, just open to give a shot to keg, never more than 15psi, then disconnect and close again..

The carbing I did natural.

After a shot like that, it'll pour about 10 beers, then I just give another quick shot when the pour starts to get weaker.

I've gone through about 6 kegs so far, and the fill needle on the tank is still where it was when I got it.

I figure, carb and condition like I did with bottles ... hell I got four kegs in the pipeline ... I'm going to get a couple more, and stop bottling completely. Right now, if the keg I have tapped isn't empty when the latest fermenter is done, I'll have to bottle it ... as the other three kegs are conditioning.

I figure with 6 kegs, I could do a 5gal brew every week, and even if I only 2-2-2 and don't go longer, I wouldn't run out of home brew even if I drank 2 cases (5 gal) every week, which is more than I drink.

It's easier to fill a growler to give to someone than a 6 pack, and just tell 'em to return the growler to me.
JimH
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by JimH »

How's it going BeerBorg? Man, feels like forever since I logged in. I tried reading up on my mobile, but didn't get the chance to post much. Been a busy week, getting ready for school to start next week. Hopefully I can log in a bit more often, I feel like I missed everything!
Jimbo Homebrew Co.
----------------------------------------
Drinking:
Keg1:
Keg2:
Keg3:
Bottled:
Nothing!
Fermenting:
Fermenter 1 (5 Gal Bucket): Empty :(
Fermenter 2 (1 gal.): Empty :(

On Deck:
Something?!
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Seems things run at warp speed around here. never a slow moment.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BrownstotheBone »

It's colonoscopy prep day! Wooo Hooo! I need to follow a clear liquid diet all day today! Yay me.

What color is beer? Same as clear chicken broth, right? LOL j/k ... sort of. Won't be eating again until Friday late morning.

Nothing is wrong, just a routine checkup suggested by the doc. (family history) But still a serious thing, as they give you the "Michael Jackson drug" to put you out. (7 am tomorrow)

So, if I can't really drink beer (I may have 1 or 2 today) I might as well make it. So using my day off work for a brew day before the "action" kicks in later tonight. (yes, I'm talkin' poo)

Bewitched Amber Ale Deluxe Refill it is. See? Shitty days can be fun too! I bet no one has ever combined colonoscopies & brewing in one thread before. :banana:
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

Once you start drinking that stuff (not the beer) you may want to rethink your schedule...I'm talking poo as well.

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
mtsoxfan
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by mtsoxfan »

TT many things matter... I started with 6' of line at 8 psi... keg top is at same level as tap, no hose drop (it is coiled) and it pours great. I was expecting to cut, but it's working great. 5/16" line....
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Yankeedag wrote:Once you start drinking that stuff (not the beer) you may want to rethink your schedule...I'm talking poo as well.
6 PM is "GO" time. Then again at 3 AM w/ 2 Gas X tablets. I'm guessing that's NASA equivalent to "Go with throttle up". LOL

Sucks, because I have a football game to watch tonight at 8 PM and there's no TV in the lavatory.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

The sucky part about moving... tossing out a lot of good stuff. You know you won't need it, but can think of dozen of things to use it for.

BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Yankeedag wrote:The sucky part about moving... tossing out a lot of good stuff. You know you won't need it, but can think of dozen of things to use it for.

Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Colonoscopy stories are fascinating. Especially the part when you plast off the commode like a rocket!
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Tabasco wrote:Colonoscopy stories are fascinating. Especially the part when you plast off the commode like a rocket!
ImageDamn Dude....I just about swallowed the pit of the cherry I was chewing on.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I've had 2 colonoscopies in the last 7 years and prepping is definitely the worst part.
However, 1 friend woke up in the middle of his. That would scare the crap out of me..............assuming there was any left after the prepping.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I've had it once... worst part was the poop'n what little brains I had out. Oh, I was awake during the proceedure, second worst thing was a room full of nurses staring at my fat ass. U could just see the horror in their eyes!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
BrownstotheBone
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Tabasco wrote:Colonoscopy stories are fascinating. Especially the part when you plast off the commode like a rocket!

Go with throttle up!