The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

truckndad
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Re: The No Post Post

Post by truckndad »

I really miss brewing. Sure to health issues I haven't brewed a batch in 9 months now. Brewing and cooking are the two things I miss most.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

truckndad wrote:I really miss brewing. Sure to health issues I haven't brewed a batch in 9 months now. Brewing and cooking are the two things I miss most.
Sorry to hear that truckndad, but it is good to hear from you again..
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Hi TD,

Sorry to hear about your health issues...

Good to see you post though...

Even if you can't brew or cook, keep dropping in!

Just take your shoes off, put your feet up and stay a while...

And y'all come back now ya' hear?

:cool:
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Hey Truckndad, great to hear from you. Sorry you haven't been able to do the things you enjoy. Like BPG said, you don't have to be brewing to come here and talk. We're just one big weird supportive family that happens to brew.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

I try to do something productive everyday since I retired. The flush handle broke on the toilet yesterday, so today I fixed it.
I told the higher power that I fixed the toilet today while she was at work, when she seen it after she got home she laughed but said NO. It does work this way but I guess I'll have to take a ride to town and get some parts and fix it to her expectations :)
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by Crazy Climber »

berryman, I'm reminded of the old saying: "no good deed goes unpunished." :)
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

I can see why you HOG the john, all that great reading material you have by the thrown. :flag:
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

berryman wrote:I try to do something productive everyday since I retired. The flush handle broke on the toilet yesterday, so today I fixed it.
I told the higher power that I fixed the toilet today while she was at work, when she seen it after she got home she laughed but said NO. It does work this way but I guess I'll have to take a ride to town and get some parts and fix it to her expectations :)

That is some fine engineering! I may have to try this design at work the next time I have to repair the throne!, :rofl:
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

RayF wrote: That is some fine engineering! I may have to try this design at work the next time I have to repair the throne!, :rofl:
TY........ No patent/no problem so feel free to use if needed. I call it farmerizing or a presidential solution, and it worked for 2 days and was easier then taking the cover off each time needed to flush. But now as all good things come to pass, the wife bought the proper parts today and after tomorrow my string flusher will be a thing of the past. :laugh
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

The owner of LHBS and one of the guys from local club brew a big barleywine every year, this year did 15 g batch. Each took 5 g and then staged an event with the 3rd 5g batch which was put into a pin cask. Was tapped last nite during what is usually brewers roundtable LHBS hosts, also invited some from the local brewing community, (Rick brewmaster @ Willoughby Brewing, he just got back from a beer trip to Asheville, and Karl owner and brewmaster @ Brick and Barrel who brewed @ Full Sail and Harpoon among other places before opening his own in the Flats). This was a 12.5% 60 IBU beer that was only 7 weeks old, big malt flavors balanced out nice with the bittering hops, also did not come across as hot as I would have expected from such a young barleywine. Should have gotten a few more pictures had about 25 people there and got caught up in discussions.
Attachments
The first pour, Tony on the left is from the club and Brian on the right is the LHBS owner.
The first pour, Tony on the left is from the club and Brian on the right is the LHBS owner.
photo0035.jpg (208.93 KiB) Viewed 922 times
Getting ready to tap it
Getting ready to tap it
photo0034.jpg (144.74 KiB) Viewed 922 times
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Well my daughter has a new job, wife goes to work everyday, leaves me as a non working person anymore. Against my better judgment I will watch my grandson ............ don't want to make a habit of it........... I guess it is up to me to teach him how to pee in the pot. somebody has to do it. I thought I was done with that years ago.............wife calls me Susie homemaker now because I do the wash and dishes. being retired has it's isusse
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

I can't believe I just heard one of these dumbass reporters ask Cruz who he was going to vote for as he was heading into the voting location :o
:blink: :huh: :blink:
:wow:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

I haven't listened to the news for a few weeks now. it's amazing how my blood pressure has dropped and I tend to smile more.
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
Yankeedag
THE BEER NONG
THE BEER NONG

Post by Yankeedag »

berryman wrote:Well my daughter has a new job, wife goes to work everyday, leaves me as a non working person anymore. Against my better judgment I will watch my grandson ............ don't want to make a habit of it........... I guess it is up to me to teach him how to pee in the pot. somebody has to do it. I thought I was done with that years ago.............wife calls me Susie homemaker now because I do the wash and dishes. being retired has it's isusse
Well, here's an upside for you.
You get to teach your grandson your values.
You don't have some stranger watching over the child.
You have his best interest at heart.
and, if it continues on long enough, you'll be able to teach him how to brew some great friggin beers.
Besides, they're only young once, and you know as well as I do, there are no touch backs on youth.

:borg2:
The Nong Brewery defines "Fermentation" as: Making "Rot" a Good Thing

:borg: Welcome to the BeerBorg Information Center. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Quite Futile: WE have BEER.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I was going to brew this Saturday morning. But I bought half a hog from a local farmer and have to pick it up from the butcher Saturday morning. It's about a 45 minute drive each way, so my morning is completely shot now. Maybe I brew on Sunday, need to check the weather first. I've got a Czech Pilsner waiting in the wings that I want to brew and give it plenty of lagering time. I want it to be good and lagered for when the weather warms up.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck