The No Post Post

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: The No Post Post

Post by berryman »

I have seen so many people jump into a new hobby and go balls out and spend $$$$ and in a few years get board and move on to something new and do the same big money spending on something different. My wife likes deals and reading the market place adds. This morning while we were having our coffee she was reading and showing me brewing stuff. unbelievable how cheap some systems are going for, herms, rims, kegs and so many other things that I know the price of new would be many times that price. Just something to look into if want to get serious on brewing, No I am too old now and happy with the easy way I brew, and already have bought new stuff over the years that sometime don't use much now.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Yeah, I could buy some used big 3 vessel systems pretty cheap locally, but I don't want to bother with using such a thing.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

berryman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:21 pm I have seen so many people jump into a new hobby and go balls out and spend $$$$ and in a few years get board and move on to something new and do the same big money spending on something different.
I've got a co-worker like that, he jumps in head first into any new hobby, spends a bunch of money, figures out in a year or so that he doesn't like doing it anymore, and jumps into another one. It's humorous sometimes.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

TonyKZ1 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:31 pm I've got a co-worker like that, he jumps in head first into any new hobby, spends a bunch of money, figures out in a year or so that he doesn't like doing it anymore, and jumps into another one. It's humorous sometimes.
Tony, does he like craft beer? Tell him how fun and rewarding hobby this is and maybe he will jump head first into it and later on you can buy his equipment for the fraction of the price :D We had a guy that I worked with for a long time that went though so many hobby's and hit them all big time, photography, guns and reloading, remote airplanes and helicopters, race cars just to name a few things. If you had the money on hand when he switched you could get some good deals. I still have a nice gun I bought from him years ago.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Haha.. That's a great idea, and yes he does, as I've shared quite a few of my brews with him. Congrats on the gun purchase. Quite often it's all about having the money on hand or can get to it quickly right then when they jump into a new hobby.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I don't know what I think about this.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment ... sules.html
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

mashani wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:21 pm I don't know what I think about this.

...the only real question is how long will it be before someone puts a beer tablet in their butt....
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

:jumpy: :10:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:21 pm I don't know what I think about this.

I think it was printed on April 1st.
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

Batch 409

8.0 lb 2 row
0.5 lb 40L
mash 90 min, sparge

1 oz warrior 60 min
2oz simcoe 20 min

S05
Tabasco
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Tabasco »

mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

The Brett is back in town.
Attachments
IMG_0592 - Copy.jpg
IMG_0592 - Copy.jpg (136.05 KiB) Viewed 169009 times
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

:o
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Took a ride out to Ohio today, thought about some of the Borg members out that way. My wife needed a replacement copy of her birth certificate and didn't want to wait to get it mailed. She was born in Ohio, it was a nice ride and we stopped and had lunch with her only remaining aunt out there.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

berryman wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:21 pm I am too old now and happy with the easy way I brew, and already have bought new stuff over the years that sometime don't use much now.
I can relate totally to that comment! I'm quite happy with what I wound up with (grain father), works great start to finish. But.... as I slowly grew, so did my brewing equipment. I have a room full of equipment, kettles, carboys, kegs... all sitting collecting dust. I have some I use, the rest.... sure wish I had a way to sell them but, being out in the middle of no-where, it just sits.

Had planned on using the GF soon, but, when I ordered a kit for a quick brewski... I neglected to make sure it was a grain kit. Imagine my surprise when it came in a small box, opened it and saw jugs of syrup.... LOL Oh-well, I have not done one of these in many years so I doubt it will be quick... and as we get older... memory slowly fades in the west.

I did in the past year jump into another new hobby, well, very old hobby but recent dive back in. Wanna talk about diving in to an expensive hobby... try astronomy, holly mackerel!! I just need to sit back, clean my motobike off and go for a slow ride before that 3-5ft of nasty/cold wet/white crap appears again, and it will be soon here in Norf Dakoota....
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!