Lagunitas Born Yesterday Pale Ale

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Lagunitas Born Yesterday Pale Ale

Post by Kealia »

7.2%

I think they finally stopped calling it a pale ale and just went with went unfiltered ale.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

This is a couple of months "old" now but still very danky and delicious.Image

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

It's back!! :jumpy:

Borned: 10/8/2018
Drank: 10/10/2018

It's "slap yo' momma" good.

Like always, the aroma bursts out of the bottle as soon as it's opened. Once poured, you can smell it from a couple of feet away - wow.
It's everything I remember it to be: orange, tangerine, maybe lemon on the nose - nothing dank here. And it comes with that indescribable (by me anyway) smell that you only get from wet hops.

It's 7.2%, but drinks like 5%. Some versions in the past have tasted like 7%/strong, but this is just smooth and easy to drink. It wasn't until I was done and looked at the label that I realized how strong it was. It's super flavorful without being overpowering. Meaning, I could session drink this (if it weren't 7.2%, I just don't have that in me these days).

Suffice it to say, it's fookin' awesome (credit to mashani for stealing his phrase).

Find it. Buy it. Drink it.

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Just waiting for it to arrive here, hopefully this weekend. So the only difference between this and the past versions are the fresh hops? I like that!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

They always use fresh/wet hops - that's the genesis of the beer itself. I'm not sure if they are using different hops or if they continue to use the same hops and just release this right after harvest - but it's damn good.