Welcome New Members

Take a minute to introduce yourself to the Borg and tell us what's brewing. You can ask questions here too!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome New Members

Post by LouieMacGoo »

:welcome:
I wanted to take a moment to officially welcome you to the BeerBorg forum. You will find this to be one of the most welcoming online communities you will ever have the privilege to be a part of. Our goal here is to make sure you become the best brewer you can be and help you make great beer, cider, mead or wine. The name BeerBorg comes from our love of beer, of course and Borg refers to the Star Trek Borg, a civilization that used it's hive awareness to share the cumulative knowledge with all Borg units. This forum is that cumulative knowledge that we all share and benefit from. :borg:

Information: As mentioned above we're here to help you be a better brewer. If you have any questions, we are more then willing to help you get them answered and someone will usually jump in and help you out pretty quickly. You might also want to try using the site's Search function to see if your question has already been asked. This will help you get quick answers also. :fedora:

If you haven't already done so please introduce yourself here in the Assimilation section of the forum. Let us know who you are, how you found us and how you got started or got interested in brewing. We all love to hear everyone's stories and make you feel welcome here on the Borg.

One of our members, YankeeDag (a.k.a. Beer Nong) actually put together a pretty good article called Simple Guide to Brewing. This is mostly geared to those of you that are starting out using the BrewDemon or Mr. Beer kits but it has a lot of great information for everyone about brewing.

Another article I suggest you read is So you want to start brewing your own beer. This article talks about getting started, costs of brewing and what your next steps might be as a brewer.

If you're looking for an application to help you with recipes you can try several different options. Qbrew is an older app that is free and one of our members, Screwy Brewer maintains and updates the database of all the different options. He has also developed his own homebrew recipe software program called ezHomebrewing which is a simple and free option worth looking into. Another option is an application called BeerSmith. This is a very robust application that will serve you well as you grow as a brewer. Normally it costs $27.95 but you can download a free trial to check it out and occasionally get a discounted price to continue using it.

Discounts: Many of you my have been lured here by the flyer you found in you BrewDemon brewing kit you received stating that you could get a discount on future purchases by becoming a member. This is absolutely true. To get the discount you need to make sure you are signed in as a member. Then follow this link to the BrewDemon's BeerBorg Member's Discount. Once there follow the directions to associate your BrewDemon account with the Discount code and you will receive discounts on all your BrewDemon orders in the future.

From time to time there will be other discounts or members only deals available on hops and other things as well so stay tuned the Members Only section.

Additional Stuff

BOTM (Brewer of the Month) - Each month a member of the Borg is chosen by the collective to be the BOTM. Several people are nominated then the BOTM is chosen using the Poll function here on the forum. The BOTM is generally someone who positively contributes to the Borg, offers help, direction and encouragement to whomever needs it. Actually that covers pretty much everyone here but the BOTM is someone who stands out from the rest. The BOTM will get a BOTM badge for the month and will receive a trinket (Mini mash paddle) that is passed (sent) from one BOTM to the other.

I will be updating this post as I have time and information to share with you so please come back. :clink:
Last edited by LouieMacGoo on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed links
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Zyr Warg

Re: Welcome New Members

Post by Zyr Warg »

Hello,
I am new to brewing, I have purchased a Brewdemon system and just bottled my first beer with it. I brewed a Dry Irish Stout that I modified into a Bourbon Smoked Apple Woods Aged Dry Irish Coffee Stout.
I was wanting to know about BrewDemon's 15% Discount.

Thank You
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

Read the post immediately before yours... :)
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

:give: thanks, I'm new to this but have been being for 6 months now and always hoping to get better
:give: my name is David Allen and I'm from Oklahoma
LouieMacGoo wrote::welcome:
I wanted to take a moment to officially welcome you to the BeerBorg forum. You will find this to be one of the most welcoming online communities you will ever have the privilege to be a part of. Our goal here is to make sure you become the best brewer you can be and help you make great beer, cider, mead or wine. The name BeerBorg comes from our love of beer, of course and Borg refers to the Star Trek Borg, a civilization that used it's hive awareness to share the cumulative knowledge with all Borg units. This forum is that cumulative knowledge that we all share and benefit from. :borg:

Information: As mentioned above we're here to help you be a better brewer. If you have any questions, we are more then willing to help you get them answered and someone will usually jump in and help you out pretty quickly. You might also want to try using the site's Search function to see if your question has already been asked. This will help you get quick answers also. :fedora:

If you haven't already done so please introduce yourself here in the Assimilation section of the forum. Let us know who you are, how you found us and how you got started or got interested in brewing. We all love to hear everyone's stories and make you feel welcome here on the Borg.

One of our members, YankeeDag (a.k.a. Beer Nong) actually put together a pretty good article called Simple Guide to Brewing. This is mostly geared to those of you that are starting out using the BrewDemon or Mr. Beer kits but it has a lot of great information for everyone about brewing.

Another article I suggest you read is So you want to start brewing your own beer. This article talks about getting started, costs of brewing and what your next steps might be as a brewer.

If you're looking for an application to help you with recipes you can try several different options. Qbrew is an older app that is free and one of our members, Screwy Brewer maintains and updates the database of all the different options. Another option is an application called [url=http://www.Beer%20Smith.com]BeerSmith[/url]. This is a very robust application that will serve you well as you grow as a brewer. Normally it costs $27.95, however you can get a discount right now here on the BeerBorg site.

Discounts: Many of you my have been lured here by the flyer you found in you BrewDemon brewing kit you recieved stating that you could get a discount on future purchases by becoming a member. This is absolutely true. To get the discount you need to make sure you are signed in as a member. Then follow this link to the BrewDemon's BeerBorg Member's Discount. Once there follow the directions to associate your BrewDemon account with the Discount code and you will receive discounts on all your BrewDemon orders in the future.

From time to time there will be other discounts or members only deals available on hops and other things as well so stay tuned the Members Only section.

Additional Stuff

BOTM (Brewer of the Month) - Each month a member of the Borg is choosen by the collective to be the BOTM. Several people are nominated then the BOTM is chosen using the Poll function here on the forum. The BOTM is generally someone who positively contributes to the Borg, offers help, direction and encouragement to whomever needs it. Actually that covers pretty much everyone here but the BOTM is someone who stands out from the rest. The BOTM will get a BOTM badge for the month and will recieve a trinket (Mini mash paddle) that is passed (sent) from one BOTM to the other.

I will be updating this post as I have time and information to share with you so please come back. :clink:
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

I was wondering how to get the 15% discount from brewdemon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Welcome to the Borg sir. Glad you've found us here. We all love to brew and we all love to help others. So, please ask questions when they arise. Looking forward to hearing about your brewing adventures.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

dallen5tak wrote:I was wondering how to get the 15% discount from brewdemon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Welcome aBorg!

Here's the method you need to follow to associate your BrewDe,on Account with your BeerBorg membership...

Discounts: Many of you my have been lured here by the flyer you found in you BrewDemon brewing kit you recieved stating that you could get a discount on future purchases by becoming a member. This is absolutely true.

To get the discount you need to make sure you are signed in as a member. Then follow this link to the BrewDemon's BeerBorg Member's Discount.

Once there follow the directions to associate your BrewDemon account with the Discount code and you will receive discounts on all your BrewDemon orders in the future.

:cool:
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Welcome to the Borg David!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
JohnSant
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by JohnSant »

Hay dallen5tak a fellow Okie glad your here. feel free to ask questions and as time goes on give answers where you can. The first Post in this Thread will put you onto the discount. If you still can't find it go to the main page and scroll down to the thread for Members Only :flag:
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Welcome, and make sure you ask lots of questions
dallen5tak

Post by dallen5tak »

JohnSant wrote:Hay dallen5tak a fellow Okie glad your here. feel free to ask questions and as time goes on give answers where you can. The first Post in this Thread will put you onto the discount. If you still can't find it go to the main page and scroll down to the thread for Members Only :flag:
Thanks

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk
TheCataluch

Post by TheCataluch »

Hello,
Just signed up today after trying to research some things before attempting to brew my first batch. Got a 2g Brewdemon for xmas and had a few questions so i posted a few questions and am already getting great tips from you guys. From Pittsburgh so i love sports & beer and wanted to finally try and take the latter into my own hands. Can't wait to get going and share my results!
D_Rabbit
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by D_Rabbit »

Welcome! Hopefully you can put the advice to good use soon! Learn the process first than you can start tinkering. Its a great hobby!
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Hello and welcome to the site and hobby/obsession.. ;-)
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
kllangl

Post by kllangl »

I've been brewing All-Grain for about 3 years now. I try to keep my 3-tap kegerator full of home brew at all times, but my buddies seem to drink it as fast as I can make it. In the end that is the fun part of homebrewing, sharing. I'm looking forward to meeting people with the common interest of homebrewing and possibly learning something along the way.