Fort Collins Lunchbox

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FedoraDave
FedoraDave
FedoraDave

Fort Collins Lunchbox

Post by FedoraDave »

This is a mixed box of five different styles from Fort Collins Brewery. I stopped at a discount liquor/beer store that's near my LHBS yesterday, since the pipeline is running low. Wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I saw this, and I recall having a FCB Rocky Mountain IPA and really liking it, so I picked it up. There was only one Rocky Mountain IPA, but there was a mix of other styles, such as 1020 Pale Ale, Red Banshee Ale, and Chocolate Stout. All very good offerings, and there was actually a couple of bonus beers included! Two limited edition beers: Black Sheep Black IPA, and Double Chocolate Stout.

I tried the Black IPA last night, and it was very good. A roasty malty backbone, with good mouthfeel and aroma, and a strong hops presence that is aggressive, but not intrusive.

The Double Chocolate Stout is still waiting to be consumed. At over 8%, I'm going to wait for the right time to really sip and appreciate something like this.

But all of these other FCB offerings are mighty fine. In fact, I'll have to go out and find a sixer of the Rocky Mountain IPA. I do like that Rocky Mountain IPA.
Obey The Hat!

http://www.homebrew-with-the-hat.com

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing
Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
100 Years War IPA
Fermenting/Conditioning
Rocking Chair Orange Wheat -- Ottertoberfest
Drinking:
Rye-Guy IPA -- South Ferry Steam Beer