Brewer of the Month

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Brewer of the Month

Post by Whamolagan »

So as many of you know, by the influx of MBF going out of business sale, a lot of us migrated over here. Thanks for the glorious welcome. Over on the other site ( to be never spoken of again), we had a monthly vote for brewer of the month. About a year ago I proposed that I make a trinket and send it to the next BOTM. It took off like oxygenated yeast. It has been all over the country and everyone took a pic and posted. Some people added something to it. Now I want to bring this to the borg. If all is up for it, I would like to keep doing it. My next question I set forth to ya is, would you like me to make another to start things fresh anew, or keep the old one going. If some one would like for it to be put up for a vote, that would be great. Once again, thanks for the wonderful new home. BORGWHAMO
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: Brewer of the Month

Post by BigPapaG »

Whamolagan wrote:So as many of you know, by the influx of MBF going out of business sale, a lot of us migrated over here. Thanks for the glorious welcome. Over on the other site ( to be never spoken of again), we had a monthly vote for brewer of the month. About a year ago I proposed that I make a trinket and send it to the next BOTM. It took off like oxygenated yeast. It has been all over the country and everyone took a pic and posted. Some people added something to it. Now I want to bring this to the borg. If all is up for it, I would like to keep doing it. My next question I set forth to ya is, would you like me to make another to start things fresh anew, or keep the old one going. If some one would like for it to be put up for a vote, that would be great. Once again, thanks for the wonderful new home. BORGWHAMO
What is this current trinket of which you speak! :)

:worthless:
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Lets get ray to take a picture. I do not have the thing
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

I guess I did have a pic
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Cool...

Thanks for posting that...

Should we go with something more Borg (ish)? Maybe some type of cube?

We could incorporate the current MBF bottle opener... And an award tag...

What if we also included a recipe card for a '12 Step Brew' where each BOTM could add one ingredient to the card of their choice...?

At the end of the year the recipe could be posted and we could all try to brew it...

We could do a mid year 'BOTM Recipe Peek' to insure we were seeing yeast, hops and malts conducive to making something drinkable...

Borg Thoughts?

:cool:
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Like that idea of the add an ingredient to a recipe card BigPappaG!
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

I am gonna let you guys figure it out, and I will build it. I did the mini mash paddle, cuz it had to do with beer, but I am up for whatever. As for the bottle opener, that is on there, that I cannot remember what that went to. It was not a MBF opener. I am just the worker bee and will build whatever is chosen as long as it is small enough to ship cheaply. And I get creative license.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Whamolagan wrote:I am gonna let you guys figure it out, and I will build it. I did the mini mash paddle, cuz it had to do with beer, but I am up for whatever. As for the bottle opener, that is on there, that I cannot remember what that went to. It was not a MBF opener. I am just the worker bee and will build whatever is chosen as long as it is small enough to ship cheaply. And I get creative license.
:D
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

I think we need to adhere to the KISS theory (Keep It Stupid Simple) for now. We can alway add on to the monthly awards later. Another option we could try is to start a BOTM Recipe thread where each BOTM would add the next ingredient. That way we don't have to worry about the recipe getting lost.

Just my 2 cents.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I don't see a reason to create a new item.

I'm not sure we need to have each BOM add a trinket, but I don't see any reason we can't have the mini-mash-paddle just continue its journey
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

BOM would not be a bad thang to have here if someone would be the captain. I'm sure Louie has enough on his plate as it is. The only problem I have with most of them I have seen is it's more of a popularity contest.

Just my 1.5 cents worth: IF something like this got started, maybe make a deal with Brew Demon to give each months winner a one time use discount code for say, 10% off an order? Give them a special avatar to use for their month? Make it mandatory that each months winner send the previous months winner a homebrew? Each months winner MUST send *MYSELF* a 6'r of your homebrew?

I also thunk that for each member, for ever post count up 10, a bottle of homebrew be sent to myself for tax and any/all questionable brews sent to myself for disposal. I am the only authorized beer disposal site in the US of A! All the rest are illegal imitations.
So ordered by the emperor of the known universe, past/present/future!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

I am thinking of posting a response to FIT's post, but I'm pretty sure I have to send a beer first...
RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by RayF »

Yay for the BOTM!
Pudge
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Pudge »

bpgreen wrote:I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I don't see a reason to create a new item.

I'm not sure we need to have each BOM add a trinket, but I don't see any reason we can't have the mini-mash-paddle just continue its journey
Agree. That little doodad has gained significance for a few of us over the past few days. It'll fade, but right now that is all that is left of years at the old place. Maybe a Borg item should be added and the two travel in tandem?

Got a picture of that thing hanging on my Christmas tree from last December around here somewhere.