First time brewing

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

RayF
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: First time brewing

Post by RayF »

The Local Homebrew store in the Pittsburgh area is South Hills Brewing. They have everything you need for brewing.

http://www.southhillsbrewing.com/
Beernube

Post by Beernube »

I know it says that BrewDemon says to ferment between 64 and 82, but I am fermenting in my basement and the temp there is 61. What will happen to my beer? I am working on Olde Irish Chocolate Stout.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

Beernube wrote:I know it says that BrewDemon says to ferment between 64 and 82, but I am fermenting in my basement and the temp there is 61. What will happen to my beer? I am working on Olde Irish Chocolate Stout.
You should be fine. It might take a little longer to ferment, but I think it will be done within 3 weeks.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

bpgreen wrote:
Beernube wrote:I know it says that BrewDemon says to ferment between 64 and 82, but I am fermenting in my basement and the temp there is 61. What will happen to my beer? I am working on Olde Irish Chocolate Stout.
You should be fine. It might take a little longer to ferment, but I think it will be done within 3 weeks.
This is fine with the Brew Demon yeast (S-33).

Don't do this with Mr. Beer yeast (Coopers) it will throw off all sorts of acetaldehyde (green apple flavor) and not clean it up well. At least that's my experience (but I am an acetaldehyde super taster).