Firestone Luponic Distortion

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Firestone Luponic Distortion

Post by Kealia »

This hasn't made it to me yet but you can bet your ass I'll be searching it out as soon as it does.

A review will follow but thought I would share this for comments now.

http://www.firestonebeer.com/beers/lupo ... ortion.php
Beer-lord

Re: Firestone Luponic Distortion

Post by Beer-lord »

I've been following the tweets on this and of course, drooling! Looking forward to your take on it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I don't know if I can get that here, but if I see I will get some for sure.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Dammit. A buddy of mine sent me a pic of a six pack he just picked up. It's not "near" me yet, but I could drive 30 minutes to get it if I really wanted to, but I have so much beer on hand that I'm going to resist - today. Ask me again tomorrow.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

GET.IN.THE.CAR.NOW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I still haven't managed to try this, but here is more reading about the series from Matt @ Firestone.
Gymrat
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Gymrat »

I would drive an hour for it if I could. But then it would just be another excuse to drive my Mustang :)
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Last night I got luponically distorted. I was able to track down a few bottles the other day and finally had a chance to try one last night.

It pours clear and very light in color. Almost Pilsner like color. The head is white. Not off white, but white, fine bubbles.

The aroma is tropical and floral - not dank or earthy at all so if that's what you're looking for this isn't the beer for you. It's faintly reminiscent of Easy Jack in one regard so maybe the hops used in this one have an orange/mandarin aspect to them.

This is a 5% IPA so it tows the line between a traditional IPA and a session IPA and it's very tasty. It's crisp and flavorful and not overly bitter at all. This is not an East Coast nor English IPA where the malt is heavy and sweet - this is an easy drinker where the hops can shine. Much like you'd think of a SMaSH recipe to test out hops like a lot of us have done.

I have one more bottle to drink and I'm looking forward to this and the future releases (new hops every 90 days).

Now you know :D
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Sounds like a nice beer. What I've seen in online reviews has been favorable but I trust you more. Thanks for letting us know.
We may never get FW beers here but I hear they are reviewing their near future distribution.
On a slightly related subject, I hear rumors I may have a Pliny Wednesday night. :hammer: :banana: I sure hope some make it to band night.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

With the investment from Duvel last year I wonder if that will change for you. It's been nice to see new stuff out here too (like Founders).

In any case, I bet if you asked nicely SOMEBODY in California could find some for you. When are your friends from Solvang moving back? They should be drowning in FW beers there and should pack some home for you, too!

Good luck on the Pliny!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Kealia wrote:With the investment from Duvel last year I wonder if that will change for you. It's been nice to see new stuff out here too (like Founders).

In any case, I bet if you asked nicely SOMEBODY in California could find some for you. When are your friends from Solvang moving back? They should be drowning in FW beers there and should pack some home for you, too!

Good luck on the Pliny!
They've been back in NOLA since November and are staying put. It was always planned to be a 18-24 month stay in Cali.
Sadly, we're stuck with them for good. :o
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Looks like #002 is out, now I just need to find it! I may be on the early side of the distribution so it could be another week or two - but I'm starting to look anyway.
An ever-evolving mix of experimental hops, designed to deliver mind-blowing flavors that break the rules with each new release. The unique revolution number on the label tells you which release you have in hand. Crack fresh and enjoy the show.

For Luponic Distortion Revolution No. 002, we switched things up with a new blend of seven different hop varieties. Starting with a couple of our favorite Pacific Northwest varieties, we added a new experimental variety that brings aromas of ripe peaches, berries, and tropical fruit. We then pulled from some of our other favorites from around the world settling on two new school hops from Germany, and two from New Zealand that bring aromas of gooseberry, melon, lemongrass, and tropical flowers. The overall impression leans more toward tropical and ripe stone fruits with an underlying spice. The light malt base of pale and wheat malts let the hops shine for a clean, dry finish.
BigPapaG
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by BigPapaG »

Been drinking this for a week now...

Clear, yellow, balanced... As described for the most part...

Better than 001 IMHO.

Prolly had two six packs since the fourth...

:cool:
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Nice! The places I went after work today still only have #001 :(
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Pardon my french hear, but this is the sh!t. I drank a boat load of it on my trip. And they sell it in a mixed 12er case at the gas station for 12.99 and the luponic is the the first to go