Anyone happen to know dimensions of 3g Brew Demon Conical?

Trying to figure out what equipment you need to get for your next brew? Have something cool to share? Do it here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Anyone happen to know dimensions of 3g Brew Demon Conical?

Post by joechianti »

I've been considering trying one for a long time, and this weekend is a great sale for the fermenter as well as a beer refill for $29. But I'm died in the wool for fermenting inside an ice chest to control temp and spills. I'm wondering if it would fit inside a cube cooler that has inner dimensions of about 16" wide x 16" deep x 16" tall.

Update: Okay, I found with a search a mention on a discussion board where someone gave the dimensions as 11" x 11" by 19" tall. If anyone has different, preferably more accurate measurements, please let me know. I also found someone claiming the inner dimensions on the 60 qt cube cooler are about 13.5" x 15.5" x 16.5" tall, so if that's true, it won't work. Again, if anyone happens to have the inside dimensions of the Igloo 60 qt cooler and they're different, please let me know.

I decided to price the jacket sleeve thing BD sells for the conical along with the ice packs that fit in the sleeves pockets. The jacket is about $20 and two ice packs, for rotation, at about $10 each is another $20. That's really not much worse than the price of the cube cooler. Only drawback there is it won't contain spills, but I'm sure that can be easily remedied.
Last edited by joechianti on Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Anyone happen to know dimensions of 3g Brew Demon Conica

Post by mashani »

The Brew Demon fermenter with the LID included is 16 1/2" tall, every other dimension is no problem. So it depends on how 16" tall your 16" tall is :)

You would not be able to airlock it, but that isn't a problem, I don't, I actually use them with the lids on very loosely on purpose.

The Mini Cooper fermenter I have without the Krausen Collar attachment is 15" tall and every other dimension is no problem. So that one would fit.

It is basically Cooper DIY labeled version of this one that Mr. Beer sells:

http://www.mrbeer.com/accessories/2g-fermenter

So without the collar it is about the same capacity as the Brew Demon fermenter (more like 2.5 gallon batch without trouble).

With the collar and lid, you can do a full 3 gallon batch in that fermenter, but it would be too tall for your fridge with that attached.

You can't really do a real 3 gallon batch in the Brew Demon one.

EDIT: You could potentially shorten the legs of the brew demon fermenter between 1/4" to 1/2" maybe. That would let the flat bit at the end of the cone sit flush with the legs instead of being slightly raised. You'd have to be careful not to shorten them too much. If that helps "make it fit". I dunno.
joechianti
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Re: Anyone happen to know dimensions of 3g Brew Demon Conica

Post by joechianti »

Thanks, Dave. That's some good useful info.