SoPro's Devil's Harvest revamp

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

SoPro's Devil's Harvest revamp

Post by Beer-lord »

Southern Prohibition makes a few good beers but Devil's Harvest, which use to come in 16 oz cans, was never anything great. Just a simple-ish pale ale that I only bought once and never looked back.
A few weeks ago they revamped the recipe (much like the local Parish Brewing did with their Envie Pale Ale which is excellent) and this is very, very good. I think they were trying to be somewhat East Coast style, hazy, juicy but only 5.8% ABV.
This has a great aroma, slightly dank, tropically fruity and citrusy. The taste follows that a bit. This could easily be a small IPA but it's not bitter, but hopped so well that I wish I had more (will fix that soon). It finishes very slightly dry which is just the way I like it.
I am not sure what SoPro's distribution is but if you like a tasty APA, I strongly suggest you try this. This will be a regular in my fridge, for sure! I've been making a lot of pretty good pales lately but I wish I could brew something like this one.
Finally, I know there's a crowd that is totally against cloudy, juicy, East Coast beers. I'm not one. I like them all and love the differences they offer.
Attachments
IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2214.JPG (97.14 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: SoPro's Devil's Harvest revamp

Post by Inkleg »

Sounds right tasty! I'll keep an eye out for it.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

It does sound tasty....and I love the can. I've not come across an East Coast style out here yet but will be aware of this should I see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Maybe I can bring some on my next 'trip' out of town. :muahaha:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Beer-lord wrote:Finally, I know there's a crowd that is totally against cloudy, juicy, East Coast beers. I'm not one. I like them all and love the differences they offer.
Although I've never intentionally (or accidentally) brewed a beer that cloudy, if I did, I'd still be happy to drink if it as long as it tastes good. And it sounds like that one does.

I don't think I've actually ever had one of the cloudy east coast IPAs yet. Not even sure which ones are available here.