Two Track malt

Information about Grains and how to use them

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Two Track malt

Post by FrozenInTime »

Has anyone used or heard of Two Track Malting Company? It's a Norf Dakoota company started by some family farmers. I've not tried it yet, going to do up a Jalapeno batch probably Friday or Monday. I know the pepper batch will wipe out any taste, etc from the malt but I'm going to do up a batch right after for a lawmower, er, snow-blower brewski. Yea, it's getting to be that time in my neck of da woods. I heard, and it happened a few days later, that our only LHBS in the area was closing down. I ran to town and picked up a 50 lb sack of it. Never used this brand before, hope it's good, have a lot to use... LOL

:party:
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Beer-lord

Re: Two Track malt

Post by Beer-lord »

I never have but from what I've read, most of the companies who kiln their own grain are being bought out by the big boys. But, looking at their web site, I see no reason to think anything but good stuff about it.
You have 50 lbs of it so you ARE going to use it and you ARE going to like it!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: Two Track malt

Post by FrozenInTime »

Beer-lord wrote:I never have but from what I've read, most of the companies who kiln their own grain are being bought out by the big boys. But, looking at their web site, I see no reason to think anything but good stuff about it.
You have 50 lbs of it so you ARE going to use it and you ARE going to like it!
Yes dad, I agree I will be using it and liking it. LOL I bet they don't get bought out, these guys are (local) farmers that like brewing themselves. Hope they don't, anyway. If I like it, I will be buying more from them for sure.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!