2016 Chicha

Share an all grain or partial grain recipe that you like or want to get feedback from the Borg.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: 2016 Chicha

Post by The_Professor »

Thanks.

As I'm drinking this tonight I am wondering if a chocolate jalapeno cerveza would work.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

The_Professor wrote:Thanks.

As I'm drinking this tonight I am wondering if a chocolate jalapeno cerveza would work.
Holy Mole? I would try that.
Whamolagan
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by Whamolagan »

Would that be after the hemp ale?
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Whamolagan wrote:

Would that be after the hemp ale?
Since I was wrong about the stores opening THIS January it is more probable a chocolate jalapeno cerveza will be first. Although now that you mention it a chocolate jalapeno herb cerveza might work as well.

I am scribbling some notes for the chocolate jalapeno cerveza based on this chicha. I'm thinking upping the cacao nibs in both the full boil and secondary additions (skipping hop additions) and just a bit more jalapeno to compensate for the bigger cacao addition.For this chicha the cacao is more subdued than it should be but the jalapeno addition is about right for nice spiciness and flavor without much heat.