Stone - Ripper Pale Ale

Provide a review, whether it's from another Borg member or a commercial beer that you really like, this is the place to share! Cheers!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Stone - Ripper Pale Ale

Post by Kealia »

"The brewery describes this beer as “Tropical and dank, flavors of orange and bright resiny hops”. Now that we’ve tried it, dank is a great description. The beer is very bright, very citrusy, clean, and well, dank. For those missing Levitation Ale, you’ll find a new home with Ripper."

I haven't been out looking for this yet, but I will certainly try it. Some here know that I cried when they discontinued Levitation (thank God for my clone recipe!). It's been a while since I've been looked like this for a Stone beer ( :jumpy: ) so hopefully this will be the one that hits my sweetspot for them and it's not just tooth-enamel-peeling bitter just for the sake of it.

Here is the full description:
When it came to devising the concept of our next pale ale, we drew inspiration from the coastal locale of SoCal and the land down under. Sourcing classic Cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest and Australian Galaxy hops from… yes…Australia, we made a beer both lovers of resinous green buds and rip-curling surfers will find downright rad. At the same time, we stayed true to our San Diego love of pushing the hop boundaries of this style. While some might think it lingers on an edge far closer to IPA, with all the dry-hop flavor and aroma, it’s actually right in line with the current-day interpretation of a West Coast pale. Ours just so happens to have an Aussie accent that yields a juicy amount of grapefruit and passion fruit. So veg out or venture out. Either way, rip one open and taste for yourself this awesome golden amber nectar!

The brewery describes this beer as “Tropical and dank, flavors of orange and bright resiny hops”. Now that we’ve tried it, dank is a great description.

Ripper is available in California only until after the first of the year.

And how the hell did I post this before Beer-lord? :blink:
Beer-lord

Re: Stone - Ripper Pale Ale

Post by Beer-lord »

I saw this yesterday on twitter and thought it might be some type of NE IPA because they used the term 'juicy' but I can agree, a pale ale is what I'm enjoying most these days.....but of course, a hoppy one!
I'll look for this in the first quarter as we get everything later than most.

As for beating me to it, I thought about posting but figured everyone's had enough of this fan-boy and his love for Stone.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Stone - Ripper Pale Ale

Post by Kealia »

Just because we all have this picture in our heads of you every time Stone releases a new beer?