Introducing Redneck Blush to the Borg

Share your wine making recipes and thoughts here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Introducing Redneck Blush to the Borg

Post by berryman »

If anyone wants to make a inexpensive, quick and easy wine, this is a good way to go. I have made 3 batches of it and got the ingredients for another one now. A little added orange for some acid and a few raisons will really wake this up.
Edit: you can make it as is per and will come out good.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

I need to do this again. I'll have to go back to bottles since I sold off all my kegs. A trip to aldis / walmart may be in store this week.
Thirsting For Knowledge
Hayzer
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by Hayzer »

Are you guys racking this several times to clear it up, or do you go straight to bottle from the fermenter?

Will a 2-3 day cold crashing help a little in clearing it up, if I don't want to rack it a few times?
Bent Knee Brewery - Brewed near the Poosey
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Not sure about making wine with this recipe, but I used to make wine with fresh wine grape juice. I racked several times with that stuff. But I think it also took longer to ferment than this method. And I always cold crashed the wine. If not, i would get a crystallization of something in there that would settle at the bottom of the bottles. I remember crashing for about a week also.
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
brewnewb
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewnewb »

Digging up an oldie but goodie here since I've become a professional lurker here with nothing to add.

In early April 2020 we were stuck at home bored beyond belief. I wandered over to the local Wally Mart to do this recipe but they did not have enough white grape juice on the shelves. I called an audible and grabbed 9 bottles of White Grape Peach Juice instead.

I did the same thing I always do with the juice, sugar and yeast. This time, I let this thing ferment for almost 5 months. I bottled it a couple of weeks ago and decided to sample it last night. Holy smokes, this stuff is smooth as silk. It's clear as can be and actually looks like chardonnay. Smooth taste with just a hint of peach aftertaste. Not dry but not as semi sweet as my regular recipe.

I have not brewed beer in over 2 years as I continue to wait on that kickstarter BEERMKR machine to be delivered. The delays are beyond ridiculous at this point.

I wish I had spent that 350 bucks on a bunch of fermenters. I'd have 50 gallons of that prison hooch going at the same time.

I'll post an update on BEERMKR if it ever arrives at my doorstep.
Thirsting For Knowledge
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

brewnewb wrote: I have not brewed beer in over 2 years as I continue to wait on that kickstarter BEERMKR machine to be delivered. The delays are beyond ridiculous at this point.
Wow dude. I have brewed at least 3 batches of beer using a "no boil BEERMKR like method" in my mash & boil and you still don't even have the real thing. They did all turn out good, so at least the real thing should work whenever you do get it.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

brewnewb wrote:Digging up an oldie but goodie here since I've become a professional lurker here with nothing to add.
Hey good to hear from Ya' don't worry about nothing to add, like to hear your input. I still make that Redneck Blush, so easy and cheap but comes out good.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison