Torpedo 2.67

Trying to figure out what equipment you need to get for your next brew? Have something cool to share? Do it here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Torpedo 2.67

Post by BB2 »

Greeting Brebees =

Long time since me or BB1 checked in. We are only just now getting back in the saddle from our new home in Greenville SC. Now 3 in the pipeline and BB1 wants us to stop[washing bottles and get kegging. I saw this item at the LBHS and was wondering what the experts think. We actually brew one case at a time so the 2.5 size would be great.

BB1 (Co-brewmeister to BREWBIRDS)
Past BBFFL Champion (for now)
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Torpedo 2.67

Post by mashani »

The one thing I know as I've looked at torpedo kegs at MoreBeer before, is that I think unless those are the "slimline" versions, the are a bit wider then a normal keg. If you are getting say a 2 or 3 keg kegerator that barely fits the 2 or 3 kegs, it might make it so that you can't fit as many. Although my understanding is they stack nicely, so depending on how tall the kegerator is, maybe there are other ways to get them to fit.
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Thanks Mashani I might have overlooked that aspect. Probably will want as many to fit in the cooler as possible so slimline's a good tip. NOTE TO SELF Next time post in correct topic (out of practice).
Inkleg
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Inkleg »

Hey there BB2 great to hear from you (and BB1)! Hope all is going well. We all understand that life gets in the way of what we'd like to be doing so we can understand long time between posts.

Kegconnection is where I started my jump into kegging.
Pricing inline with everyone else with great customer service that sets them apart from everyone else.
Naked Cat Brewery On Tap
Yazoo Sue Smoked Porter
Octoberfest
Le Petite Saison
Czech Pale Lager
A Toast to Big Fuzzy Russian Imperial Stout at 10%
Belgian Blond
Flower Power IPA
4 Kilts Clueless Belgian Strong
One Wort Two Yeast with Wyeast 2206
One Wort Two Yeast with WLP940
Shipwreck Saison
Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Glad to hear all is good with you two! Adventures In Homebrewing always has something going on with new or recon. kegs. Pin lock kegs are bigger in diameter than ball locks, something to keep in mind as Mashani suggested, I can just fit 3 ball lock kegs in my kegerator, but would be stuck at 2 pin locks.
:cheers:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
BB2
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by BB2 »

Guys Thanks for chiming in and looking forward to more Borg talk. I bought a 2.5 gal Torpedo Slimline and some CO2 thingies from our new LBHS just to experiment. Actually to get BB1 to experiment because she gets to troubleshoot all my big ideas! We will post some info soon. Meanwhile slowly getting back on track - I seem to get my water vols etc mixed up like a newb but its coming back slowly. In the LBKs a case each of: Palisade Blonde, Kolsch, Galaxy IPA, Rye Golden and Simcoe Pale Ale with more in the works.

Thanks again for the info.