Farmhouse Hop Blend #14

Information about hops and best uses.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Farmhouse Hop Blend #14

Post by Beer-lord »

Their may be some here that have ordered the Hop Blend from Farmhouse and normally their blog lists whats in each blend. I have 4 oz of #14 and it's got hops I've never used in it. But I think it might be great for late, steeping and dry hop additions.
Here's whats in #14:
Enigma 14.28% Waimea 14.28% Vic Secret 14.28% Green Bullet 14.28% Topaz 7.14% Pacific Jade 7.14% Nelson Sauvin 7.14% Orbit 7.14% Pacific Gem 7.14% Helga 7.14% Southern Cross 7.14%

I've used Vic Secret once and Nelson Sauvin a number of times and maybe Waimea long ago but the rest, I have no idea what to expect.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Re: Farmhouse Hop Blend #14

Post by mashani »

Pacific Jade is citrusy and peppery.

Pacific Jem tastes like an earthy/oaky English hop on crack. (some people hate it, I like it). It does have "cat pee" aromas if you are one of those cat pee aroma people. Since it's not a huge amount though I'd not worry about it, it's just "complexity").

I've made single hopped beers with both that I liked, but I like weird things ;)
BlackDuck

Re: Farmhouse Hop Blend #14

Post by BlackDuck »

With that kind of combination, I can't imagine that you'll be able to pinpoint any one characteristic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck