BRAND NEW ezRecipe-RO© - βeta Testers Wanted

Let your knowledge and questions of water flow!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: BRAND NEW ezRecipe-RO© - βeta Testers Wanted

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

ScrewyBrewer wrote:Absolutely. I will email you a copy later today. And thank you for all your help testing ezRecipe 2.01.02.
As typical with software development I found myself running a little behind yesterday. Thankfully I was able to resolve the issue that had been holding me up yesterday. Today I will be testing out the changes once more and then emailing you and Paul (or anyone else who wants) this recent update.

Among other things, this release has a feature to import and export recipes as BeerXML 2.0 files. Which makes sharing recipes with other brewers very easy. When bugs or issues pop up sending me the recipe .Xml file allows me to import the recipe and see it exactly as you did.
mashi-1.jpg
mashi-1.jpg (90.74 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
New ezRecipe 2.01.02 Features:

Import/Export recipes in BeerXML 2.0 format
Type-ahead filtering of drop down ingredient lists
Multi-selection of hops and grains disabled
Override of hop AA% and saving those values unique to each recipe
Override of grain extract potential, color, and DIpH values and saving those values unique to each recipe
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I will be emailing out the latest update of ezRecipe 2.01.02 first thing tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I've uploaded a new video to YouTube showing how to change grain values right on the recipe design page.

ezRecipe 2.01.02 - Changing Grain Values On The Fly

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Perfect timing, I'm working on my Stout water right now so I'll hold off until I get the update.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

After two busy days of coding and extensive unit testing, I've emailed the latest release of ezRecipe 2.01.02 to all beta testers. I will be online this morning to answer any questions you may have.

Please check out my ezRecipe YouTube channel for the latest How To videos.

ezRecipe 2.01.02 - How To Add A New Grain Type

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I got your email with the latest version, but still haven't had a chance to use it.

I really like the feature of importing and exploring beerxml files. I may try that with some existing recipes I've got in BeerSmith.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

bpgreen wrote:I got your email with the latest version, but still haven't had a chance to use it.

I really like the feature of importing and exploring beerxml files. I may try that with some existing recipes I've got in BeerSmith.
I don't think the BeerSmith use of BeerXLM 2.0 will be 100% compatible with ezRecipe. There is no clear-cut standard of BeerXML 2.0 at this time.

ezRecipe extends the original BeerXML 1.0 standard by adding several new tags for storing data not included in the original standard. However starting with March release of ezRecipe version 2.01.02 you can export, import share recipes with other ezRecip users.

XML File Header:
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  • <!-- BeerXML 2 generated by ezRecipe v2.01.02 -->

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I spent a few days researching a topic that tends to confuse a fair amount of brewers. It has everything to do with brewing system profiles and efficiencies. My understanding of the differences is as follows.

Selecting 'Fermentor Efficiency' calculates the percentage of the sugars converted in the mash that remain in the wort when it goes into the fermentor. Included in this calculation is the loss of wort sugars from dead space, hoses, hot break, hop absorption and boil-off. This is also known as brewhouse efficiency. This efficiency allows for all brewing system losses from the mash tun to the fermentor with percentages in the 70% to 85% range.

Selecting 'Kettle Efficiency' calculates the percentage of sugars converted in the mash that remain in the wort at the end of the boil. Included in this calculation is the loss of wort sugars from boil-off and hop absorption. As brewing systems have varying amounts of loss depending on their configurations. When sharing recipes with other brewers this selection is preferred as it is independent of brewhouse efficiency.
ez-1.jpg
ez-1.jpg (128.84 KiB) Viewed 2872 times

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I'm happy to say that ezRecipe Design 2.01.03 is just about ready to be made available. You may notice the ezHOMEBREWING website is in a bit of disarray now. Changing the site over to focus on the upcoming release is taking a fair amount of time to do correctly.

Here are the minimum requirements for running ezRecipe:

** Requires 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, 8 or 10 with at least 3GB memory and the 32-bit version of Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher. **