BRAND NEW ezRecipe-RO© - βeta Testers Wanted

Let your knowledge and questions of water flow!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: BRAND NEW ezRecipe-RO© - βeta Testers Wanted

Post by Beer-lord »

It's been awhile but I thought I'd update this thread. I've been using Screwy's EZRecipe for a few months now along with Beersmith and I've come to really like using it. Specifically for water PH. I doubt I'll ever leave BS as even though it's water section is improved, it's just not accurate for me and my brewing. I also use Brun Water and like it too.
Things rarely are exact for me in the PH world but I'm getting closer thanks to Screwy's help and tool. Today it was perfect with EZRecipe. It calculate 5.37 and Brun Water showed 5.36 and somehow, I got 5.37, the closest I've ever been to both. A bit of learning has helped as well as dialing in my new system.
So, Vince, once again, thanks for sharing your knowledge with our community! (sorry, I'm not taking the time to fix my sideways pic) :)
Attachments
IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg (487.07 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
PH.jpg
PH.jpg (41.78 KiB) Viewed 2386 times
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Hi Paul, it's good to see that your actual mash pH results matched ezRecipe's mash pH prediction. As you know ezRecipe v2.01 is currently being tested prior to being released this Spring. It will be released in an Excel spreadsheet version. I will be reaching out to you in the coming weeks for help with the testing and to get your feedback. It's good to see you've worked the kinks out of your High Gravity system now. Here's a sneak peek of the new features available in the upcoming release.

You can now create, edit, save and reload all your favorite recipes including brewhouse settings and water properties. Added support for using slaked lime in place of baking soda. (When brewing the recipe shown do not add the slaked lime it's there only for demonstration purposes.) There is a new 'DIpH' override field now that lets you use the known DIpH buffer values of individual grains.
ez2-1b.jpg
ez2-1b.jpg (124.87 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
A new setup page makes it easier to configure your brewing system and recipe volumes.
ez2-1a.jpg
ez2-1a.jpg (82.66 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
A built-in yeast pitching rate calculator used to predict ABV and other recipe information based on attenuation and temperature.
ez2-1c.jpg
ez2-1c.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
ezRecipe v2.01 supports the use of mixed water sources when calculating brewing water properties.
ez2-1d.jpg
ez2-1d.jpg (120.7 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
After 3 years in the making, ezRecipe is nearly ready to be made available for use by homebrewers. I'm very excited about the many new features included in this upcoming version. I hope you will be too. :clink:
ezRecipe 'The easy way to awesome beer!'

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Vince, you helped me way more than I helped you but I'm pleased to see how far it's come. I'm looking forward to testing the latest version. Just let me know what you need me to do and I'll help you in any way I can.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Vince, this looks great! I mentioned before that I was looking for a replacement for BrewToad. Looks like I’ll be downloading this soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

The new Excel version of ezRecipe Design v2.01 is nearly ready to be made available to early adopters. Anyone interested in receiving a copy please send an email to support@ezhomebrewing.com. And I will see to it that you are among the first to have a copy emailed to you.
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour, teach him to brew beer and he'll waste a lifetime'
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

ScrewyBrewer wrote:The new Excel version of ezRecipe Design v2.01 is nearly ready to be made available to early adopters. Anyone interested in receiving a copy please send an email to support@ezhomebrewing.com. And I will see to that you are the first to have a copy emailed to you.
Email sent! Looking forward to it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

ScrewyBrewer wrote:The new Excel version of ezRecipe Design v2.01 is nearly ready to be made available to early adopters. Anyone interested in receiving a copy please send an email to support@ezhomebrewing.com. And I will see to it that you are among the first to have a copy emailed to you.
Does it require any specific version of Excel? Will it work with OpenOffice? I think I have Excel on my personal laptop, but I don't use it much and I don't know what version it is.
MrBandGuy
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by MrBandGuy »

Email sent. I might play with it in Google Sheets and see if I can get the macros to work. If not, I can use Excel.
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I've just sent out emails with the first release of ezRecipe Design. Check your email inboxes and let me know if you've received your email. And thank you all for helping me test out this new release.
Last edited by ScrewyBrewer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

bpgreen wrote:
ScrewyBrewer wrote:The new Excel version of ezRecipe Design v2.01 is nearly ready to be made available to early adopters. Anyone interested in receiving a copy please send an email to support@ezhomebrewing.com. And I will see to it that you are among the first to have a copy emailed to you.
Does it require any specific version of Excel? Will it work with OpenOffice? I think I have Excel on my personal laptop, but I don't use it much and I don't know what version it is.
As far as I know, ezRecipe Design is compatible with Microsoft Excel versions 2007-2016 and above on both Windows and Mac. Support for Excel macros is required and should be enabled on your current version. I have not tested this release out on any other operating systems of spreadsheet programs.

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

This week the metric version of ezRecipe will be available for testing. I know there are quite a few brewers out there that think in metric and I'd like to hear from you too. As metric isn't my first language. :D
ez2-1e.jpg
ez2-1e.jpg (135.31 KiB) Viewed 2312 times

ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

I was wondering if the beta testers have anything to report so far. Below I've listed a few things I'd like to know more about from you.

Were you able rename and open the 'ezRecipe 2.01.xls' file ok?

Were you able to enable the macros?

Were you able to get the most basic functions to work?

Did you experience any problems you feel you might need help with?

What were your initial impressions?

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Well, one of my computers crashed, the backup won't work and I lost your email so I need to get 2.01 again. Before it crashed, I did get my water salts calculated and wrote them down but I am brewing tomorrow so I'd like to use it for tomorrows brew day. Can I just get it from your website? If not, please send me the program again.
Sorry for the bother.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
ScrewyBrewer
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by ScrewyBrewer »

Sorry to hear that Paul I'll get another file to you right now. Check your email I just sent you the most current release. And thank you for helping me.

Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Got it Vince. Working on it right now. I'll report on it tomorrow or later in the week.
Thanks much!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black