Stone suing Millers Coors

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brew Guru

Stone suing Millers Coors

Postby RickBeer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:05 pm

According to Koch, the suit alleges that MillerCoors’ use of the shortened “Stone” or “Stones” name is deliberately intended to cause confusion with Stone’s name within the marketplace. Koch says: “We believe that MillerCoors is intentionally and deliberately trying to cause confusion in the marketplace with their Keystone brand. You can see it in the cans; you can see it in their packaging; you can see it in their marketing. They’re being surprisingly bold with this.”

Continues Koch: “The point is, there is an intentional obfuscation that they are trying to run, confusing people with our brand. So our message to you MillerCoors is very simple. You can end all this right here and now by one simple move that reinforces your brand that you built. Put the “key” back in Keystone. Stop using Stone as a stand-alone word, because when it comes to a stand-alone word in the world of beer, it’s ours. We believe we are in the right, and so we are going to do what we feel we have to do. We appreciate your support.”

I have over 8,800 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer

My Beer - click to reveal
Currently on hand 5/8/17:

12 different beers, excluding "last" bottles.

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)

Braumeister

Re: Stone suing Millers Coors

Postby D_Rabbit » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:16 am

I think they will win. Interesting to see this since my wife and I were discussing the differences between copyrights and trademarks yesterday and we had that discussion on minor changes with fonts or a word to try and make it your own.
Howling Husky Brewing Company
Fermenting
Nothing at the moment

Kegged

Tap 1: Mango Saison
Tap 2: Southern Belle Brown Ale
Tap 3: Kings Porter - Robust Porter, 5.6% ABV
Tap 4: Empty :(

FedoraDave

Re: Stone suing Millers Coors

Postby FedoraDave » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Makes me want to go out and buy a Ruination.

I think they have a chance of winning this.
Obey The Hat!

Some regard me as a Sensei of Brewing

Fedora Brauhaus
Up Next:
PacTiki Pale Ale

Fermenting/Conditioning
Bit O' Bitter - Brewed 2/22/18 -- Weizenheimer - Brewed 2/15/18 -- 2Daves Irish Red - Brewed 2/7/18 -- Groomsman's Pride - Brewed 1/31/18 - Bottled 2/21/18

Drinking:
Trilby Brown Ale -- Fedorus Magnus Kölsch -- Old Smokey Amber Ale -- 'NillaMilk Milk Stout -- King Duncan's Holiday Porter

Return to The Brewhouse