What I found.

Let your knowledge and questions of water flow!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

What I found.

Post by berryman »

I knew I had this, but forgot where it was. (It sucks when you have so much stuff but don’t know where it is) I found it in my garage and it works, have never used it for brewing, have been using test strips. I had it for my farm, will this work on my brewing? Tomorrow I will calibrate and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What I found.

Post by RickBeer »

Assuming the pH range is applicable to beer, which it appears to be (http://www.4oakton.com/proddetail.asp?p ... 1&TotRec=9), it should work fine. You'll need to calibrate it as you said, and take the pH at the proper temp. Neat!
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: What I found.

Post by berryman »

yup, still works. The old batteries were still in it and had to clean some, Cal it at 7.0 and 4.01 but then decided to go with the 10.0 too. It has been a long time since I used it and had to get the manual out. Will try it on my next brew.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison